• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, szavisca said:

With how they made the announcement I’d guess the bigger or rarer issues like 1-15 are being left out... surely if these were being included they’d have mentioned it because that would add to the hype.  Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Agreed. “More than 60” reasonably implies the early rivets are not included in the auction. Alternatively, maybe Metro only has ~60 MH Planets (with any sort of missing issues) and no more than that.

14 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Agreed. “More than 60” reasonably implies the early rivets are not included in the auction. Alternatively, maybe Metro only has ~60 MH Planets (with any sort of missing issues) and no more than that.

On the other hand, given that its more than 60 included...some from 1-15 must be in there.  Pretty sure the 1# will be missing, they'd be advertising that...regardless its going to be an amazing spectacle.

17 minutes ago, szavisca said:

On the other hand, given that its more than 60 included...some from 1-15 must be in there.  Pretty sure the 1# will be missing, they'd be advertising that...regardless its going to be an amazing spectacle.

keep the first 10 and the 15, that would be 62 Planets up for auction ( more than 60 )

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

The distributor markings are hard to see in Gerber but a number of them do not match up with them being Church copies.  Specifically:  7, 9, 15, 26, 27 and 33.  36 has decidely un-Churchlike crease down the front cover.

I did not see any issue with the typical "c" distributor code you would expect of a Church copy.

Therefore, I would not make any assumption that any Planet comic pictured in Gerber is a Church copy.

Then we are free to dream.

I don't think Church had a 15 but i could be wrong the photo used in the Gerber was not the Mile High that i do know.

And those copies are going to go for rather high prices :cry: 

Edited by comicjack

1 hour ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Sweet!

Is there a way to see any others?

I was conversing with Redbeard about this last night. I told him of the announcement and wondered if he might be in the running. He brought up a very good point that I hadn't thought about. The page quality. Chuck sold Burrell Rowe many if not most of the FH books. When Burrell got tired of the hobby, he stored his books in a hot Texas garage for quite some time. This could result in some less than favorable page quality. Although, I doubt it will have any major affect on the bidding because, they after all, are the MH copies of a very coveted run of the king of FH books. 

21 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I think I had a window accidentally - they are no longer visible. There were no other scans, but I recall #39, #42, #44, #49, #50 and #60. Grades varied between 9.6 and 9.8.

Lordy ... Planet 9.8s... gonna be a lotta five figure books in this auction and who knows if the whole set might even approach 1 million...

26 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I think I had a window accidentally - they are no longer visible. There were no other scans, but I recall #39, #42, #44, #49, #50 and #60. Grades varied between 9.6 and 9.8.

A Planet 39 in 9.6/9.8?  I see a lot more sales threads from @Ricksneatstuff in the coming days. :cloud9: