• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Just checked the census. My #71 has been joined by another 9.0. There is now a #66 in 8.0. My #65 remains top census for now. The two 9.6 copies of #58 have not been matched or topped as yet. Lucky me.

Planet Comics #58 CGC 9.6.jpg

The #1 is in a 2nd gen holder, so the census may already include the Church run. 

47 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

That 9.4 has been there since 2012

Be aware that cgcdata.com is a fantastic tool, created and maintained by one of our own, that provides an array of specific info on census data, including date origination

For #53, there are two new additions, both 7.5, graded 8/7 and 8/28

I have never dived into that degree. Will try to soon. Just didn’t notice it.

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

21 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Not as exiting as the Church copies, but I’m very happy that my #13 has arrived!

515FC6A1-4E1C-40C0-A182-30E4CBE525C5.jpeg

Planets are everything that Goldenage has to offer from GGA to crazy stories of the future and will always be well loved :headbang:

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

Planets are everything that Goldenage has to offer from GGA to crazy stories of the future and will always be well loved :headbang:

1 hour ago, kelholt said:

13 is rather elusive. Owning a 13 is quite an accomplishment. One of the best covers IMO. Yours looks very nice :foryou:

52 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I’ve always loved the pale blue color of the gorilla robot.

29 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I agree. Nice purchase Spyder

Thanks everyone. I’m very happy to land a 13. Now 14 and 15, here I come! 

18 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Thanks everyone. I’m very happy to land a 13. Now 14 and 15, here I come! 

board member Filter81 has a # 15 cgc 1.0. I am not 100% sure but I think he was asking $2500

55 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

board member Filter81 has a # 15 cgc 1.0. I am not 100% sure but I think he was asking $2500

:gossip: it is listed on eBay right now for $2750.

14BCC791-AC49-4716-88A6-6018C5AA3154.jpeg

Edited by kelholt
Added picture

Didn't go to my local comic book show today but instead paid a visit to my "old guy" comic book friend. (I'm pretty old but he has 10 years on me...)

This guy is real old school. He has collected all his life but only in this geographical area. No mail order or internet. It is amazing what this guy has. Best part, he won't sell anything only trade. He also loves quantity over quality. I always leave his place very happy. I got a few books from him today including this one I'd been after...

complanet18.JPG

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Didn't go to my local comic book show today but instead paid a visit to my "old guy" comic book friend. (I'm pretty old but he has 10 years on me...)

This guy is real old school. He has collected all his life but only in this geographical area. No mail order or internet. It is amazing what this guy has. Best part, he won't sell anything only trade. He also loves quantity over quality. I always leave his place very happy. I got a few books from him today including this one I'd been after...

complanet18.JPG

Very nice! 18 is a sweet book and not easy. 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

complanet18.JPG

interesting color on that the blue is very "royal blue"

20 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

20 hours ago, kelholt said:

:gossip: it is listed on eBay right now for $2750.

14BCC791-AC49-4716-88A6-6018C5AA3154.jpeg

I actually made an offer a while back. $2,700 is a bit steep in my opinion, given what that book sold for last year on HA.

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

I actually made an offer a while back. $2,700 is a bit steep in my opinion, given what that book sold for last year on HA.

it is not that unreasonable compared to other copies like the 1.5 qualified off white pages that sold on ebay or the 2.5 brittle pages

On 9/9/2018 at 4:27 PM, Spyder! said:

Totally agree with you on this.