• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

Planet 15 is just one of those books that you have to step up to the plate for. Adam is pretty cool..... maybe you can dig out something you bought cheap years ago that has skyrocketed and do a part cash part trade scenario.... soften the blow a bit. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah, Planet 15 is going to hurt for sure, whenever that day comes.  I just don't know if today is that day. 

I don't know, I keep going back and forth in my mind regarding my best strategy for completing the run.  Do I try to get all the other books and leave the toughest for last (1, 14, 15) or do I get the toughest ones first and hope I have the funds to purchase the others later? I'm torn.

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Yeah, Planet 15 is going to hurt for sure, whenever that day comes.  I just don't know if today is that day. 

I don't know, I keep going back and forth in my mind regarding my best strategy for completing the run.  Do I try to get all the other books and leave the toughest for last (1, 14, 15) or do I get the toughest ones first and hope I have the funds to purchase the others later? I'm torn.

If you can find a semi affordable 1 buy that but I think my advice would be to get the most desirable covers when you see copies that appeal to you (most early rivets, 13, 17, 18, 33-35, 39, 41, 65 ,66, 70-72) when you see a copy that appeals to you. All of those are going up. 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

If you can find a semi affordable 1 buy that but I think my advice would be to get the most desirable covers when you see copies that appeal to you (most early rivets, 13, 17, 18, 33-35, 39, 41, 65 ,66, 70-72) when you see a copy that appeals to you. All of those are going up. 

I would agree with Rick.   Having completed the run in full (although I have now sold off all my non Rivets), I regretted not spending some bigger dollars on the tougher books (mostly rivets) as prices have steadily risen on this title during my period of active buying, particularly for nice covers.   I believe Rick's statement is true, but I would focus my funds on Rivets primarily if you can be that patient, you will likely be further ahead in the long run as most of the upper numbers of the runs are fairly easy to locate with the exception of a few issues.

My $0.02

Warmest Regards

Jason

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  Now I just need to find an affordable #1.  My biggest problem is patience! I just don’t have enough. I was spoiled by years of collecting silver age where there are always copies available and I’m bad at adjusting. 

6 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

WHat are the issues number that are in demand the most?  Seems like the looks of it, it's every issue :)  

If your doing the run every issue is sort after :smile:

17 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

I would agree with Rick.   Having completed the run in full (although I have now sold off all my non Rivets), I regretted not spending some bigger dollars on the tougher books (mostly rivets) as prices have steadily risen on this title during my period of active buying, particularly for nice covers.   I believe Rick's statement is true, but I would focus my funds on Rivets primarily if you can be that patient, you will likely be further ahead in the long run as most of the upper numbers of the runs are fairly easy to locate with the exception of a few issues.

My $0.02

Warmest Regards

Jason

I agree with this. 

Searching for Planets as I often do there are books I always find available. Focus on the harder ones now. I would buy 1, 14 and 15 now over waiting a few years to save money as they will just be more in the future.

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I agree with this. 

Searching for Planets as I often do there are books I always find available. Focus on the harder ones now. I would buy 1, 14 and 15 now over waiting a few years to save money as they will just be more in the future.

I have been most heavily focused on rivets so far, but there are a few Whitman covers I just can't live without!  I will continue to prioritize the rivets, especially the toughest ones, and leave the "easy" issues for later.  

Alternatively, I could sell my house and hope to buy a single Church copy...

I remember I purchased my #14 and #15 from two separate auctions only about a week apart, that was financially painful.  Once I got those two issues down, I knew it was only a matter of time before I completed the entire run.   I always figured I would one day, but after those two buys, I knew it would happen.