• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

This business of cover swiping was extremely prevalent in the Golden Age. It all becomes clear if you read 'The Ten Cent Plague'. This book is an absolute must if you are a GA fan. This book is a bible in terms of understanding what made the GA tick. Some  brilliant anecdotes and stories in it, not to mention some eye opening factual history. 

Just thought I'd bump this thread in honor of the upcoming Church auction of Planet Comics over at the comicconnect auctions starting up in a few weeks in  november. 

Anyone else salivating? 
(just wish there was a 71!) 

Edited by miraclemet

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Just thought I'd bump this thread in honor of the upcoming Church auction of Planet Comics over at the comicconnect auctions starting up in a few weeks in  november. 

Anyone else salivating? 

Just the odd dribble from the corner of the mouth. Entirely inadvertent.

10 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Anyone else salivating? 

It is going to be a bit crazy, isn't it? I am just dipping my toe in the GA waters and cannot wait to watch the action from the sidelines.

16 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Sometimes, you get lucky. I lamented missing out on this book a couple weeks ago, but the Lord of Jupiter was smiling down upon me, and as of today, it is mine! #14 and #10 were the 2 rivets I was most drawn to when I first started collecting Planets and I finally landed one!

2E6EE766-B930-4987-878C-DA8B7D20F928.jpeg

Wow! Looks like it's in really nice condition! Where'd you find it?