• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, mwotka said:

Congrats on completing your run, Jay!  What an achievement!  And the capper is such a beautiful copy of an iconic book.  Cheers! :golfclap:

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! Yes, it was great to close out with #56. I used to have a low-grade copy of #56, with kind of bland muted colors, which I think is more common than not for this issue. I'm very pleased with this copy, with good reds on the Red Comet, rich greens on the baddie, nice pastel blues. And that healthy skin tone of course, at least in the 3 of 8 women who haven't yet been turned into x-ray skeletal statues! 

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

congrats!

Here is your copy of the key to the hall of completion. :foryou:

Thanks Karl!! You are the keeper of the keys, as I think (?) you're the only boardie holding onto a complete Planet run. So I gladly accept my copy of the key! Cheers!!

(Is there a secret handshake?)

16 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks Karl!! You are the keeper of the keys, as I think (?) you're the only boardie holding onto a complete Planet run. So I gladly accept my copy of the key! Cheers!!

Yes. Futuristic looking metal gauntlets that could be from another Planet made with plates held together with rivets.

46 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

28 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Yes. Futuristic looking metal gauntlets that could be from another Planet made with plates held together with rivets.

I hope to join the 2 of you in the complete run club someday.  Be sure to have an extra copy of that key handy for me!

7 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Well done Zolne! In time honored tradition, a great achievement. You are now kindly requested to start a thread to proudly display your set.:foryou: