• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

Today I ran into a seller who recently bought a collection. He casually mentioned there was a bit of everything in there, some GA, some weird Bronze, magazines, etc. GA? I asked. Any Planet Comics or Jumbo comics?  Oh yeah, let me get the list out...#1 is on the list but I don't think I saw that in there as I would have remembered it.  hm  I doubt he will bulk them to me but he is going to call me first (supposedly, hopefully). He had about 30 Jumbo on the list as well. (I like Jumbo.) He said some Archies in there etc and I know he has more trouble selling those than superhero stuff. I also asked about Whiz, Wings, and Speed. Did I find a new honey-hole? I sure hope so. :wishluck:

16 minutes ago, Bird said:

Today I ran into a seller who recently bought a collection. He casually mentioned there was a bit of everything in there, some GA, some weird Bronze, magazines, etc. GA? I asked. Any Planet Comics or Jumbo comics?  Oh yeah, let me get the list out...#1 is on the list but I don't think I saw that in there as I would have remembered it.  hm  I doubt he will bulk them to me but he is going to call me first (supposedly, hopefully). He had about 30 Jumbo on the list as well. (I like Jumbo.) He said some Archies in there etc and I know he has more trouble selling those than superhero stuff. I also asked about Whiz, Wings, and Speed. Did I find a new honey-hole? I sure hope so. :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Bird said:

currently you are living the "dream".

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

currently you are living the "dream".

yeah, I imagine I will wake up crying as this seller is a savvy guy. My only hope is our relationship and that he wants a quick flip.

Edited by Bird

On 10/31/2018 at 5:31 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Well done Zolne! In time honored tradition, a great achievement. You are now kindly requested to start a thread to proudly display your set.:foryou:

On 10/31/2018 at 8:23 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Yes. This will come soon!!

On 11/19/2018 at 9:08 PM, Spyder! said:

:baiting:

VERY soon. :preach:

11 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

VERY soon. :preach:

I have been sitting here waiting on pins and needles for your thread, BUT my large behind has changed those pins to thumb tacks and those needles to rivets the wait has been so long. Rivets...lets see them.

On 11/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, Bird said:

I just emailed this guy again and I am supposedly getting first look at the books. Pricing is always an issue but yeah baby! Groovy! My hope is to buy something and ask him to hold so I can buy more every week or every other week but I can't tell him that now as he might see dolla dolla bills and string me out.

And yeah, I am also dying to see the full run thread! Pwease?

1200px-Tweety.svg.png

Edited by Bird

9 hours ago, Bird said:

I just emailed this guy again and I am supposedly getting first look at the books. Pricing is always an issue but yeah baby! Groovy! My hope is to buy something and ask him to hold so I can buy more every week or every other week but I can't tell him that now as he might see dolla dolla bills and string me out.

Don't blow it. (tsk)

I am totally out of control. This came this morning, used last weeks ebay coupon on it. I have to remember that it is a marathon and not a sprint. But I do dig Mysta of the Moon, even the words are groovy!

Ds8pnoeXcAI8mXF.jpg

1 minute ago, Bird said:

I am totally out of control. This came this morning, used last weeks ebay coupon on it. I have to remember that it is a marathon and not a sprint. But I do dig Mysta of the Moon, even the words are groovy!

Ds8pnoeXcAI8mXF.jpg

Planets are like crack once you start lol

3 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Yeah that’s what I told myself too.  But 5 months in and 63 issues later...

It truly is an addiction.

yeah, I am about a month in and have 7 issues. But nothing below 40 so far. But I have that secret honey hole hopefully coming to fruition soon!

5 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Freshly graded #15 CGC 1.8 with brittle pages just hit eBay

They have come out in the last few years due to the prices. You have a decent copy of a tough book and should be happy after the Mile High copy sells for big bucks (thumbsu