• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

if it is a pistol whipping then :

PlanetComics40CGC70_zps96975cb6.jpg

PlanetComics31CGC50_zps9371cb90.jpg

PlanetComics30CGC70front_zps69848a63.jpg

PlanetComics20CGC60_zpsf0cadc82.jpg

PlanetComics14raw30_zpsc5852bea.jpg

of those choices I like 14 then 30 the best

Yes I think that’s all of them. And I agree with your top 2!

(also, your copy of 30 is quite nice! (thumbsu, and the aliens in your copy are very purple, where I have more often seen them more blue than purple. Very cool)

Edited by Spyder!

Well, over the last few days many of the CC Planet books have not been moving, so I decide to throw in a bid or two.  Within a few hours of my bid, I am outbid.  So I move on to a couple of other books, same thing, within a few hours, out bid again :(  I try again with a couple of new books and a couple of the others I bid on previously, same thing, all outbid within a few hours again the same scenario.   A single buyer chasing all these, something funny going on or just chance?

3 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Well, over the last few days many of the CC Planet books have not been moving, so I decide to throw in a bid or two.  Within a few hours of my bid, I am outbid.  So I move on to a couple of other books, same thing, within a few hours, out bid again :(  I try again with a couple of new books and a couple of the others I bid on previously, same thing, all outbid within a few hours again the same scenario.   A single buyer chasing all these, something funny going on or just chance?

There are a few big auction houses I simply do not trust 100%. Just sayin'.

11 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

My guess would be single buyer - there is precedent.

23 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

More like funny business happens all the time :smile:

Meanwhile, at a different auction house, Planets are bringing in strong prices even among the bottom dwellers like me.  I bid what I thought was a rather large amount for a 1.8 copy of #17 and was outbid in the final seconds.  When 1.8’s are going for that much, I’m not sure I will ever land the remaining books in the run! :cry: I do sincerely hope that whoever outbid me is a boardie. :foryou: I know some others are working on the run.

(Also, the 1.8 #13 went for $720. Strong results)

7 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Meanwhile, at a different auction house, Planets are bringing in strong prices even among the bottom dwellers like me.  I bid what I thought was a rather large amount for a 1.8 copy of #17 and was outbid in the final seconds.  When 1.8’s are going for that much, I’m not sure I will ever land the remaining books in the run! :cry: I do sincerely hope that whoever outbid me is a boardie. :foryou: I know some others are working on the run.

(Also, the 1.8 #13 went for $720. Strong results)

Yep, there does seem to be a tiny bit of hysteria revolving around the Planets at the moment. What's really going to be the clincher is if in a year's/two years time they are still as strong or whether they fall thru' the floor. If the latter is the case then there are going to be a lot of egg smeared faces about.

8 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Nice try to discourage us from bidding.  Too bad we are on to you.  :baiting:

47 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Yep, there does seem to be a tiny bit of hysteria revolving around the Planets at the moment. What's really going to be the clincher is if in a year's/two years time they are still as strong or whether they fall thru' the floor. If the latter is the case then there are going to be a lot of egg smeared faces about.

My guesses:

The in-demand issues will stay strong, and at least some will get stronger.

We might see a few more issues rise in value, but most of those that are scarce have already been identified [5,6,11,14,15,18,33,34,65,66, etc].

The more common issues will probably remain fairly unhysterical, but high grade copies will at least hold their value.

But the sale of the Church copies may alter the landscape, and/or bring out fresh copies or runs. That would make things a lot more interesting!

New Planet collector here.  I've been a Marvel/Silver collector until a couple of weeks ago when I made the mistake of buying several Planets from Rick.  Now I'm hooked. 

I very much appreciate all 122 pages of this thread--it took several hours to read, but was well worth it. 

As the complete newbie, my take is a little different:

Given the very limited supply of these books, one or two new buyers can make a difference in auction pricing--especially when those buyers have the zeal of the newly converted and need almost all of the books.  Sure, prices could go down over the next couple of years.  If that happens, then the rest of the books I need will cost less.  It's just hard to see that happening considering how few books actually come to market and how cool these books are.

1 hour ago, Tim Weaver said:

New Planet collector here.  I've been a Marvel/Silver collector until a couple of weeks ago when I made the mistake of buying several Planets from Rick.  Now I'm hooked. 

I very much appreciate all 122 pages of this thread--it took several hours to read, but was well worth it. 

As the complete newbie, my take is a little different:

Given the very limited supply of these books, one or two new buyers can make a difference in auction pricing--especially when those buyers have the zeal of the newly converted and need almost all of the books.  Sure, prices could go down over the next couple of years.  If that happens, then the rest of the books I need will cost less.  It's just hard to see that happening considering how few books actually come to market and how cool these books are.

Welcome Tim! I started collecting Planet Comics in June and quickly became a bit addicted :insane:. I hope you enjoy the affliction as much as I have.

Also, I respectfully ask you, and everyone else, to please abstain from purchasing Planet Comics until I complete the run lol

Nice Berk book you bought from Rick by the way.