• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

That is super cool.  Did he do all his Planet covers?

No.  I don't know how many he did.

They've been up a day or so. Someone trying to cash in on the craze/post Church fever. They claim there are only 20-30 issues of #2 in existence. I would love to know where that fascinating 'fact' comes from. :sumo:

20 minutes ago, Dubble G said:

They've been up a day or so. Someone trying to cash in on the craze/post Church fever. They claim there are only 20-30 issues of #2 in existence. I would love to know where that fascinating 'fact' comes from. :sumo:

I guess this was expected..

For this "They claim there are only 20-30 issues of #2 in existence. I would love to know where that fascinating 'fact' comes from.", in Gerber's issue #2 has a SI of 7 which claims there are around 21-50 in existence.

Edited by SamPool

The eBay guy says, "I'm not a grader."

Then he says that the books "will be sold as-is." 

I'll take a hard pass on that one. 

2 minutes ago, newshane said:

Good call.

6 minutes ago, newshane said:

Ahhh..the old greedybay chestnut..

Anyone who states this sets alarm bells ringing because anyone who even mentions grading knows more than they are letting on.

1 hour ago, SamPool said:

I guess this was expected..

For this "They claim there are only 20-30 issues of #2 in existence. I would love to know where that fascinating 'fact' comes from.", in Gerber's issue #2 has a SI of 7 which claims there are around 21-50 in existence.

Gerber made a lot of guesses based on information from the late 1980s.  They are interesting but very limited in accuracy.

Given how hot the market is for the #1 and #2, I'm sure the seller is already talking to people (a few of them boardies as well) about picking them up.  Even if they have restoration they are worth a gamble at the right price.  

Edited by dem1138

1 minute ago, dem1138 said:

Given how hot the market is for the #1 and #2, I'm sure the seller is already talking to people (a few of them boardies as well) about picking them up.  They look good to me and certainly worth a gamble at the right price.  I'm not sure what the 'right number' is for each/the pair but I don't think the pricing is too far off for the risk vs. reward.

restored? (most likely especially looking at the number 1.)

7 minutes ago, buttock said:

Both look to have amateur restoration.  The #1 definitely, the #2 likely. 

I'm no expert on resto, but discounting the tape on #1, it looks to have had a staple replacement unless that's camera flash glare, and on the right side there looks to be a tear thats been sealed, and some CT...and that's just after a quick appraisal.

6 minutes ago, Dubble G said:

I'm no expert on resto, but discounting the tape on #1, it looks to have had a staple replacement unless that's camera flash glare, and on the right side there looks to be a tear thats been sealed, and some CT...and that's just after a quick appraisal.

agree