• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

If I was a gazillionaire I would like to have the entire Planet Comics run complete via all the various pedigrees.

Have a couple of Church, a couple of Larson, a Billy Wright, a Spokane, etc. What a collection that would make...

Is there a full run spokane copies?

Edited by SushiX

9 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

There are 5 high grade Spokane Planets.  66-70  There's a 59 that is vg+

Oh I didnt catch it the first time! Sorry..:foryou:

Edited by SushiX

6 hours ago, comicjack said:

Spokane copies are amazing high grade books with most having snow white pages and great colors :headbang:

I heard the pages are so white you need to wear sunglasses just to be in the same room as the books.

On 12/14/2018 at 5:27 PM, Sqeggs said:

With CC's way of closing auctions, anyone who is chasing multiples of these is likely to go crazy jumping from window to window to window to window ... as the clock keeps resetting. 

I have to agree with your assessment, multiple books made it very difficult and challenging to say the least. It was as challenging an auction I have ever participated in due to the group of books I was chasing ending so close. After the auction ended, I was going through my email and deleted 59 outbid emails timestamped from auction start time to auction end.

As some of you know, I do not post auction wins or discuss auction wins until I have the books in hand. Well, the wins are in hand and I am one happy And lucky guy :cloud9:

3 minutes ago, kelholt said:

First book #6

Overstreet says 5 and 6 are rare. You don’t have to be a planet collector long to realize this is true. There are only 21 cgc copies of 5 and a mere 17 of 6. This 9.0 is the best 6 I have ever seen (and yes I see the chip in the bottom right. Beautiful colors and a great spine. I think this was one of the bargains of the auction, especially being a Rivet. 60D0A2F6-8396-49B5-8463-547C4A96A01C.jpeg.8094eb1fb5e686bed75f0c9bc22db288.jpeg

A huge congrats Kelly!  Absolutely THE biggest win of the auction IMO. I was shocked that it went for what it did. Highest graded copy of a very tough and awesome book. So glad it went to a boardie! :applause:

4 minutes ago, kelholt said:

One of my first 5 Planets was #19. I owned the Lost Valley 9.2 copy. Loved it. Then life happened and I had to sell it along with 18 other Planets. Out of the group I sold I missed this one second most. Jeff owned the Lost Valley after me and it moved to a 9.4. I tried to buy it when he sold it on HA, but just didn’t have the dough. Then whoever owned it auctioned it again about a 18 months later, and again I was the underbidder. This one was not going to get away. 19 and 13 are very similar in composition and they are both tops on my rivets list.

5B7D4F25-A0CF-49CC-ACB5-6872E80C1451.jpeg.7e0e4a279f4b26cdeb178ce998043e55.jpeg

It was one of the books I was bidding on...😭 one of the best books in the run! 

9 minutes ago, kelholt said:

I mentioned above the the 19 was the book I missed second most, this one is the first. I used to own Flex’s current copy of 23, he got it from HA/ Jeff. Flex’s copy is one of the best copies condition/color wise I have ever seen in hand of any Planet issue. This one is right there. The colors with the red background make this one a visual winner drawn by the talented Zolnerowich, and the fact that it is a 9.6 doesn’t hurt either.

4EB349BC-6726-4E4C-851F-923AF149CE6A.jpeg.2208acad7a7b123271828760a862f694.jpeg

Wow!! 4 church copies!! That's so awesome...