• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I don't think anyone really wants to see this but I will post it here for posterity. If you would have told me a few years back I would have One, let alone SIX Church Planet Comics, I would have politely said that was not possible. 

This is probably my 2nd favorite mail call of all-time (don't ask what was first- but you can assume it had something to do with Charles Schulz) and I just couldn't help but ask someone in my office to take the pic. Please don't note the Five Guys cup or various boxes behind me.

IMG_9099.JPG

What a great pic 😀

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I don't think anyone really wants to see this but I will post it here for posterity. If you would have told me a few years back I would have One, let alone SIX Church Planet Comics, I would have politely said that was not possible. 

This is probably my 2nd favorite mail call of all-time (don't ask what was first- but you can assume it had something to do with Charles Schulz) and I just couldn't help but ask someone in my office to take the pic. Please don't note the Five Guys cup or various boxes behind me.

IMG_9099.JPG

OK, I guess your boards name checks out.

8 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_9099.JPG

Nice one Rick. Sure the books are great, but I like the simple honest sentiment of the pic. A man and his hobby, which he loves. 

8 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_9099.JPG

Fantastic Rick! 

On 1/19/2019 at 1:46 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_9099.JPG

Well, Rick, that's a truly priceless photo. I just hope you recycle all those boxes! :baiting:

But seriously, after such a display, isn't it time to retire this thread? No room for us mere mortals in the golden halls of Valhalla. 9_9

9 hours ago, mustang33guy said:

Just picked up my 2nd Planet issue which is probably my favorite cover in the run! I’m sure this won’t be my last especially from what I’ve seen in this thread, a ridiculous wealth of books and history!

3742C774-47D5-49E5-A28F-2C3DBA36084B.jpeg

Nice pickup!  I have no intention of getting every Planet, but that is one that is on my list!  Congrats!!!

On 7/29/2016 at 7:32 PM, jbcomicbox said:

20p3axk.jpg

Of rare books like that? Heck yeah!

I have never seen a high grade copy. The highest grade copy I have seen is a 5.0

163661.jpg.ae7bfa44a4d315ef1c6b397db1954680.jpg

163662.jpg.4a05d84813095231096fb54baf5f4d3a.jpg

Wow, this post from early in this thread by the great Jon Berk. The Zolnerowich Planet 14 recreation is just so freaking cool.  I wonder who landed the Church 14?  No other book has such a huge gap between 1st and 2nd highest graded. 

47 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Wow, this post from early in this thread by the great Jon Berk.

He hasn't visited these forums in 18 months. :frown:

Is he done with comic books or just this place?

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

Wow, this post from early in this thread by the great Jon Berk. The Zolnerowich Planet 14 recreation is just so freaking cool.  I wonder who landed the Church 14?  No other book has such a huge gap between 1st and 2nd highest graded. 

maybe it was you who got the 14....:shy:lol