• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

It seems the hobby has taken another downturn in ethics...

Trimming, Micro-trimming, Pressing and now another chapter in grade manipulation, extensive resto removal.

Personally I think that if a book receives a blue label after work, when it was previously a PLOD, then that should be noted on the new blue label.

Just some simple black bold letters in Capitals would do the trick;

PRD   previously restored designation.

We could call them PRODS.

4 hours ago, G G said:

Trimming, Micro-trimming, Pressing and now another chapter in grade manipulation, extensive resto removal.

Personally I think that if a book receives a blue label after work, when it was previously a PLOD, then that should be noted on the new blue label.

I agree

5 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I see Planet Comics 4 Larson has appeared on C-Link for more than the Church went for, Didn't this book have a purple label at one time ?

have a link you could share as I dont find it.

5 hours ago, G G said:

Why? It's just further damage to a book and is being downgraded for it (presumably). Why would it matter how a book was damaged? Also, this would only be possible with high profile books and mostly only GA at that. 

1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

Why? It's just further damage to a book and is being downgraded for it (presumably). Why would it matter how a book was damaged? Also, this would only be possible with high profile books and mostly only GA at that. 

an interesting point.

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

In what universe do unsightly white markings on the spine caused by original paper removal become 'purty' ?   

If it was accidental damage fair enough. If it was me I would eat the CT and live with it, but maybe I'm just too old and outdated now. (shrug)          

8 minutes ago, G G said:

In what universe do unsightly white markings on the spine caused by original paper removal become 'purty' ?   

If it was accidental damage fair enough. If it was me I would eat the CT and live with it, but maybe I'm just too old and outdated now. (shrug)          

I believe a brown label slab would appropriately convey how most people feel about these particular sorts of “unrestored” or rerestored? books.

2 hours ago, G G said:

the worst one I have seen is a Fantastic Four #1 that had a color touched conscription crease removed so it has a white scratched off area down the middle of the cover.