• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

Congrats @SuperGrover and @mwotka on your Planet 12 pick ups.  A book I really like that’s a bit underrated in my opinion. I love how you can see the end of the chain in the man’s hand as he was going to assist the tied up woman before being frozen while in the act.  Not an easy book to acquire.

23 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Two pickups tonight that I thought looked really good for their respective grades.

planet40_cgc65.jpg

planet48_cgc75_64003.jpg

Very nice! I especially like the deep reddish-orange background on that 40 :cloud9:

Edited by Spyder!

7 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Thanks bud! It felt like the right companion to my Toledo copy of Planet 18.  

D61984C7-A4ED-424F-8E42-82AA1B2E1FFC.jpeg

Yes, both your new 17 and your 18 are unicorns.  Those colors are unreal. (worship)(worship)

The Toledo Planets are not very high grade on average but tend to have very strong colors.

Edited by Spyder!

1 minute ago, Tim Weaver said:

Managed to pick up the 2, 5, 7, and 10.  Overpaid for the 2, but it's my favorite Planet and will never leave my collection.  

You got some great ones 

4 minutes ago, Tim Weaver said:

Managed to pick up the 2, 5, 7, and 10.  Overpaid for the 2, but it's my favorite Planet and will never leave my collection.  

I assume you mean the Berk copy.  Exceptional book!  Well done Tim.  

I was the under bidder on the 5, the last rivet issue I needed.  I’ll finish off the rivets someday!

Congrats on your pick ups!  

Just now, Spyder! said:

I assume you mean the Berk copy.  Exceptional book!  Well done Tim.  

I was the under bidder on the 5, the last rivet issue I needed.  I’ll finish off the rivets someday!

Congrats on your pick ups!  

Yeah, the Berk copy.  This Planet collecting business is incredibly addicting.

5 minutes ago, Tim Weaver said:

Yeah, the Berk copy.  This Planet collecting business is incredibly addicting.

It is indeed my friend.  And the rivet issues are especially intoxicating.  You did very well tonight.

Well done, fellow Planeteers! Some radiant copies landed here! I know Rick had been hunting down this particular copy of Planet #17 ever since it first popped up, then disappeared from sight before eventually surfacing again after long months. Did anyone keep a record of the CC results on those Rivets? :foryou: Looked like most of them were on track to finish strongly, which if so is heartening after the extraordinarily variable results of the Church auction. Last time I looked, the weakest bidding seemed to be on the #19 - cannot understand why that book does not get the same love as #17 and #18 [apart from the Church copy of course].