• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Just picked up a nice mid grade PC #21. Didn’t realize just how rare some of these can be, but the art is awesome!

B32F90C9-6A85-46B0-8CE3-F74092D55658.jpeg

Such a cool issue, Hunt Bowman (origin) and The Lost World begins but CGC doesn’t indicate such on their label (unfortunately).

Apology time..... I incorrectly linked Enrico Bagnoli to the Planet 53 Futura story.... his run didn't begin until # 54 …… sorry folks. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 3/21/2019 at 10:17 PM, sacentaur said:

Such a cool issue, Hunt Bowman (origin) and The Lost World begins but CGC doesn’t indicate such on their label (unfortunately).

The Hunt Bowman/Lost World series of stories are my favourite in the PLANET run. I have a theory that George Lucas read these books at some stage because the character of Yoda in terms of speech pattern was derived from these stories. If not then its the most unlikely of coincidences. Of course only those who actually read the stories would know this. :smile:

1 hour ago, G G said:

The Hunt Bowman/Lost World series of stories are my favourite in the PLANET run. I have a theory that George Lucas read these books at some stage because the character of Yoda in terms of speech pattern was derived from these stories. If not then its the most unlikely of coincidences. Of course only those who actually read the stories would know this. :smile:

Read them I did.

13 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

They aren't mine [I'm keeping mine] but there are fairly high grade Planets #23 and #28 listed on Worldwide in case anyone needs them. Prices are pretty good in my estimation [for whatever that's worth]  so maybe worth a look.

I purchased the 23 at C2E2.