• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Speaking of favorites, this was my sole win from the Nic Cage Heritage Auction so many years ago [sold and reacquired since!] There is an entire Game of Thrones in this epic cover!

Planet Comics #28 CGC 6.5.Nicolas Cage.jpg

Always been one of my favorite covers of the run for me :)

5 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Always been one of my favorite covers of the run for me :)

I agree, and I just noticed something for the first time...the sort of electric charge as the sword makes contact with the baddie's chainmail. :shy:

13 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Speaking of favorites, this was my sole win from the Nic Cage Heritage Auction so many years ago [sold and reacquired since!] There is an entire Game of Thrones in this epic cover!

Planet Comics #28 CGC 6.5.Nicolas Cage.jpg

Old old label strictness, that looks a really mean 6.5

Just now, sacentaur said:

When submitting this book, I included a note that Hunt Bowman and the Lost World begins which has for some reason been missing from  prior labels for this issue when slabbed. Well lo and behold... kudos to CGC for actually listening.

F16F5CA8-8063-4AB9-9490-DEF675C79432.jpeg

Wow, stellar book!  I noticed that there was a newly graded, 2nd highest copy on the census.  Beauty!

I'm glad they added your note to the label! 

2 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

When submitting this book, I included a note that Hunt Bowman and the Lost World begins which has for some reason been missing from  prior labels for this issue when slabbed. Well lo and behold... kudos to CGC for actually listening.

Lost World is hands down my favourite story series in PLANETS.

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Beautiful!

19 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Hi Steve. What a great copy. (thumbsu Is this an older book of yours you finally decided to slab, or is it a recent pick up?

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hi Steve. What a great copy. (thumbsu Is this an older book of yours you finally decided to slab, or is it a recent pick up?

Hi Jay, it’s an older book I finally decided to slab - got it from Payette decades ago. Also Planet 16 and 24 and 27...

Edited by sacentaur