• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Hi Jay, it’s an older book I finally decided to slab - got it from Payette decades ago. Also Planet 16 and 24 and 27...

Ah, back in the days of the Giants, when high-grade Planets grew on trees for the plucking!!

2 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Ah, back in the days of the Giants, when high-grade Planets grew on trees for the plucking!!

Now when you try and get the same books, you get well and truly plucked!

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, these boards are awesome!

It’s been a weird month of second chance books for me.

Planet Comics #5!  Arrived today.  Less than 11 months ago I purchased my first Planet Comics book ever, a copy of issue 11.  Now I have a full set of “rivet” issues with the arrival of #5 today!

I’ll probably try to post a pic of all 22 together soon. I just love these books.

01C6370C-1A20-43DF-9484-320E7B7A4DCE.jpeg

Congrats Jared !!! :golfclap:

On 5/16/2019 at 6:39 PM, Spyder! said:

Planet Comics #5!  Arrived today.  Less than 11 months ago I purchased my first Planet Comics book ever, a copy of issue 11.  Now I have a full set of “rivet” issues with the arrival of #5 today!

I’ll probably try to post a pic of all 22 together soon. I just love these books.

Super impressive run!!  Congrats!

On 5/16/2019 at 9:39 PM, Spyder! said:

Congrats!!!! An amazing accomplishment! Not too many can boast of a complete Rivet run. 

On 5/15/2019 at 2:41 PM, Zolnerowich said:

I don't think there were that many hi-grade Planets available even back around 1975. Was just happy to pick up this Planet that still had original cover lustre on the black cover at this late stage:

z02tSi3.jpg

16 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

I don't think there were that many hi-grade Planets available even back around 1975. Was just happy to pick up this Planet that still had original cover lustre on the black cover at this late stage:

z02tSi3.jpg

looks to be a pretty strong copy.

50 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

z02tSi3.jpg

Wow, that Planet 36 has great looking colors!!! (worship)

Usually a very drab color strike on this book.