• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

A question to my fellow Planet loving boardies; I thought I read somewhere here on the boards that John Berk said the Larson pedigree contained only the first 7 issues of Planet Comics.  Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:49 PM, Spyder! said:

A question to my fellow Planet loving boardies; I thought I read somewhere here on the boards that John Berk said the Larson pedigree contained only the first 7 issues of Planet Comics.  Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Yes, that is true. And from what I’ve heard, the Larson Planet #1 has a coupon cut out from the front cover.

On 8/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, Spyder! said:

I was surprised by the final hammer price on the 15! I think it’s a very nice looking copy. And yes, I’m thrilled to be in the club. You should be feeling great about your copy too :cloud9:

Surprised as in too high or too low? Like Goldilocks, it seemed just about right.

On ‎2019‎/‎08‎/‎06 at 11:31 AM, Spyder! said:

Higher than my expectation. Not the first time I’ve underestimated a Planet at auction!

I did a lot of research when I was buying Planets. ( heck I am still buying Planets, just not as many as I used to ).

I would calculate the price of a book in a current auction, add 20% to last GPA figuring that should be enough then the book sells for $1000 more than what was going to be my max bid. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:54 PM, Artboy99 said:

I did a lot of research when I was buying Planets. ( heck I am still buying Planets, just not as many as I used to ).

I would calculate the price of a book in a current auction, add 20% to last GPA figuring that should be enough then the book sells for $1000 more than what was going to be my max bid. 

Sounds like you need a new formula! (:

32 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

when I was collecting the value of the books was more stable. Prices just started to run up after I finished my run. My formula worked for 90% of the books I bought, it was those final few that always seemed to surprise.

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Proposed new formula:

Throw GPA in the trash, go into the auction with a max bid in mind, in the final minute, lose your composure, bid way more than your previous max bid in response to getting outbid multiple times, maybe get lucky and win one, then subsist off of ramen noodles for the next month to make up for what you just paid.

14 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Proposed new formula:

Throw GPA in the trash, go into the auction with a max bid in mind, in the final minute, lose your composure, bid way more than your previous max bid in response to getting outbid multiple times, maybe get lucky and win one, then subsist off of ramen noodles for the next month to make up for what you just paid.

that's how I won my Church 53!

8 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Proposed new formula:

Now THAT’s a formula for success! And scurvy! But no one cares about scurvy these days.