• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

If these colors are even close to this I’ll be thrilled 

677499FB-597A-4C9A-AF59-AEA665FF655E.jpeg

Nice one Rick. I hope the red dress meets your expectations.

When I bought my 33, the red dress in my copy did not quite match the neon promises in the seller's photo (below). C'est la rouge.

Planet_33.png.718f9f289cfc90efe719fb09c26d9de2.png

On 12/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, Tim Weaver said:

Time to bump the Planet thread with this week's goodies.  I can't imagine I will ever have a better mail call :cloud9: 

Many thanks to the boardie who parted with these beauties.

IMG_1278.jpg

By the Scourge of Neptune, that is absolutely glorious! 

I am not worthy.

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

On 12/5/2019 at 2:13 PM, Tim Weaver said:

Time to bump the Planet thread with this week's goodies.  I can't imagine I will ever have a better mail call :cloud9: 

Many thanks to the boardie who parted with these beauties.

IMG_1278.jpg

I admired the collection he put together. Happy his books remain with a member of this forum. Fantastic acquisitions Tim!

10 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I admired the collection he put together. Happy his books remain with a member of this forum. Fantastic acquisitions Tim!

Thanks.  Jason put together a beautiful collection of books.  I wasn't planning on a purchase of this magnitude, but opportunities to acquire a group of books like this don't come along very often.  For a Planet collector, it doesn't get much better than this!

And to think that a little over a year ago, I was a simple Silver collector working to finish off some Marvel runs.  Then typhoid Rick (aka Ricksneatstuff) infected me with the Planet disease.

Now I obsess over Planets, constantly seek them out, and spend what used to seem like ridiculous amounts of money on comic books :insane:.

6 minutes ago, Tim Weaver said:

Thanks.  Jason put together a beautiful collection of books.  I wasn't planning on a purchase of this magnitude, but opportunities to acquire a group of books like this don't come along very often.  For a Planet collector, it doesn't get much better than this!

And to think that a little over a year ago, I was a simple Silver collector working to finish off some Marvel runs.  Then typhoid Rick (aka Ricksneatstuff) infected me with the Planet disease.

Now I obsess over Planets, constantly seek them out, and spend what used to seem like ridiculous amounts of money on comic books :insane:.

I'll save you a seat at ComicsAnonymous. I've been attending for years;) 

Congrats on those amazing books:) 

1 hour ago, Tim Weaver said:

I have had Planetobsessitus myself.

(thumbsu

19 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I have had Planetobsessitus myself.

(thumbsu

I’m down to 3 books to complete the run, and had hoped that finishing the run would be the cure. Now I find the disease is mutating—some of my lower grade books need upgrading and some of my higher grade books need to be replaced with better color strikes.
Does this sickness ever end?

54 minutes ago, Tim Weaver said:

I’m down to 3 books to complete the run, and had hoped that finishing the run would be the cure. Now I find the disease is mutating—some of my lower grade books need upgrading and some of my higher grade books need to be replaced with better color strikes.
Does this sickness ever end?

nope

3 hours ago, Tim Weaver said:

Well done!  You can never have too many Planets!

22 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Thanks for the kind words, I am sad to see them go but am also happy that I have been able to keep the books within the forum community 😀.  It will be exciting to see Tim complete his run and know that I helped contribute to that!

Warmest Regards,

Jason