• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2020 at 12:11 PM, Artboy99 said:

I have been working on grading my Planet Comics run and just got back a bunch.

Here are the results.

planet Comic 14.jpg

So many excellent books Karl!  You really did submit a bunch! You must be getting close to having them all in slabs.

And your 14 presents extremely well for a 2.0, I love it.

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

So many excellent books Karl!  You really did submit a bunch! You must be getting close to having them all in slabs.

And your 14 presents extremely well for a 2.0, I love it.

I have 6 books left to slab: 12, 21, 22, 26, 48, 51

Found restoration ( color touch ) on my 56 so in the hunt for another copy and wont bother to slab the one I have.

Also looking for another #2.

Also going to slab my collection of 4 Canadian Variants #1-4

6 hours ago, Spyder! said:

OK @Artboy99, you have 3 rivets left to slab, all of which are covers I love, let’s see how many of mine you end up beating (although I cannot boast of a complete run like you, still trying). 

74825550-CCED-43D7-95F4-9652CC5FEA2F.jpeg

F356F58F-39C6-4E18-8116-F17CA6F47256.jpeg

2FE3CC99-B112-48DE-9A97-960FB3135CB9.jpeg

my 12 is no better than a 4.0, my 22 was a slabbed 5.0 Toledo pedigree (no longer recognized) my 21 is at best a 6.0

I love your 21

Edited by Artboy99

19 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Why is it the only old label books in my collection happen to be the only 2 Planets I own??!!

12885345-7EC5-4EB9-8132-EC9CA0DF888E.jpeg

6E8BD6DF-A46B-45FF-BB62-2F31438DD039.jpeg

You can change them up but you know they haven't been played with most likely 

3 minutes ago, comicjack said:

You can change them up but you know they haven't been played with most likely 

I agree. Old labels are the business.

I think OL books are collectible in themselves;

I like the simplicity and bareness of the label where the slab appears to have more emphasis on the book.

I like the fact that the book will have been untouched since Noah was in short pants, and I like the fact that the book has been very strictly graded back then giving it that potential for a bump upwards should the owner decide to crack it.

Having a desirable book in an OL slab is like having 'Schrodinger's slab'...with the emphasis very much on the cat being very much alive.

1 minute ago, G G ® said:

I agree. Old labels are the business.

I think OL books are collectible in themselves;

I like the simplicity and bareness of the label where the slab appears to have more emphasis on the book.

I like the fact that the book will have been untouched since Noah was in short pants, and I like the fact that the book has been very strictly graded back then giving it that potential for a bump upwards should the owner decide to crack it.

Having a desirable book in an OL slab is like having 'Schrodinger's slab'...with the emphasis very much on the cat being very much alive.

i agree :headbang:

11 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Why is it the only old label books in my collection happen to be the only 2 Planets I own??!!

12885345-7EC5-4EB9-8132-EC9CA0DF888E.jpeg

6E8BD6DF-A46B-45FF-BB62-2F31438DD039.jpeg

beautiful copies.

One thing I do think CGC did right with their new slab ( once they work out all the bugs ) is the visual clarity. The plastic is very clean and crystal clear for viewing the books.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:48 PM, Artboy99 said:

beautiful copies.

One thing I do think CGC did right with their new slab ( once they work out all the bugs ) is the visual clarity. The plastic is very clean and crystal clear for viewing the books.

I have to agree. The old cases are so much less clear. The new cases allow you to see the true colors of your book’s cover.