• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Soooo...

I wasn’t going to say anything until the book arrived, but I purchased this particular higher grade copy of 32.  I don’t know why eBay is showing the final sale price as $9.99, I assure you, I paid a whole lot more than that!  It was listed as an auction starting at $9.99 or best offer and I submitted an offer that was accepted. 

Trust me, I wish it was as cheap as $600.

And, make no mistake. I’m always surfing eBay (thumbsu

When I was buying Planets I searched multiple sites 3+ times a day: in the morning before I went to work, during lunch and when I got home. Sometimes at night before I went to bed.

I am searching always, but not as "fanatical" as I was.

Currently looking for a #2, and a #56.

21 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Soooo...

I wasn’t going to say anything until the book arrived, but I purchased this particular higher grade copy of 32.  I don’t know why eBay is showing the final sale price as $9.99, I assure you, I paid a whole lot more than that!  It was listed as an auction starting at $9.99 or best offer and I submitted an offer that was accepted. 

Mystery sol-vid. (thumbsu

clouseau.jpeg

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

Soooo...

That was a great pick up.  I'm glad that book is going to a good home.  Congrats!

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

What a great looking book. PL 11 seems to be a tough book to find with nice PQ.

Yes, not easy to find at all, and quite tough with nice PQ. I love the cover of this one, but SB pages...

4 hours ago, Spyder! said:

For day 5, one of my favorite covers.

planet10ii.jpg

I really like 10 also. Dan Zolnerowich is the man. The aliens eyes alone would have made me put down 10cents for this one if I saw it on the rack or clipped up along the comic line at a newsstand back in the 40’s. The black cover sets the stage and makes all the other colors pop 👍🏻

Edited by kelholt
Spelling