• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Planet Comics #24 CGC 8.0.JPG

4 hours ago, kelholt said:

I watch for a ton of Planets and 24 is one I don’t see often, and even more difficult to locate 7.0 and above.

Nice book :golfclap:

Great book. And I agree, 24 is very hard to find.  Right up there with some of the tougher rivet issues for scarcity. 

On 3/27/2020 at 1:49 PM, Spyder! said:

For day 5, one of my favorite covers.

planet10ii.jpg

Love that one. It had me at the lightning bolt eyes. Finally got a copy at Terry's show in January. I have to say though, it left me a little cold when I actually got the time to read it. Stories inside just didn't live up to the cover. I prefer the #30's-#50's for content.

2 hours ago, kelholt said:

Day 6

I will follow the Planet 3 above with a black background book of my own.  My Planet 25 is a book that is mid grade. Nice black background and cover drawn by Dan Zolnerowich. This book I am a bit sentimental about because it is the first GA book I ever bought. Love it purple label and all :cloud9:

207FBC53-C790-4976-8C54-50CBD303BE31.jpeg.8b8bf995b0aa871df0558135c46e463b.jpeg

Nice square cut on a book that is all too often severely miscut.

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

Your late run Planets sure are pretty.  I thought I remembered you saying they were from a pedigree, but I can’t recall which one. 

These 5 are all Spokanes.

1 hour ago, kelholt said:

Day 7

Let’s face it, there is a long list of Planets that are tough. There is also an equally long list of Planets that are in abundant supply. Planet 6 is on the first list. Overstreet and Gerber concur on its difficulty.  This book has some of the Cherished reds we all wish were on our FH books. I like the odd angles of this cover and the multiple levels of action going on. Take a deep look at the cover, you might see some things you don’t notice at a first glance. Lastly, White pages which are a real joy for any GA book.

34B093BF-8167-414B-AE75-CADB952932F3.jpeg.855fa3598455a0b74719d176ec25d686.jpeg

I still believe this was the single biggest steal of the Church auction.