• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,229 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I’ve told this story before, long ago Jon Berk and I were box digging at SDCC and I pulled this book out. Jon was looking over my shoulder and once   he recognized the book as a Larson, I could feel his virtual drool on my shoulder. xD

I handed Jon the book and the rest is history...

Yep, I've heard that story from you before, and always enjoy hearing it again!

Knowing the history and provenance of this book adds to the charm of my Planet 6.

On 4/11/2020 at 6:50 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Color-wise, the best #12 I've ever laid eyes on. If they all looked that way, it would be a top 10 Planet.

This is the most under-rated rivet cover in my opinion.  I have always loved everything about it.  However, the colors often leave something to be desired.  But not on Flex's copy!

8 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Speaking of JB...

Planet Comics #18 CGC 8.0.jpg

5 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Surely #18 has the cover that displays the most extreme variations from copy to copy in the entire title? That's what's crazy!

My copy for comparison.  Not nearly as bright!  18 definitely has some of the most cover color variation (I would suggest #54 as a contender as well).

planet18c.jpg

35 minutes ago, MattnNY said:

Joining a little late.  But some really awesome books coming across.  Hope everyone is staying safe and keeping their health #1. Great idea to share books and distract a little.  Here are some of my own personal favs (apologies for not listing daily per the original request)..

(worship) Too much to handle in one day...

Cover notes:

PL 1 — CGC says Eisner and Fine, but I believe it’s just Fine (GCD agrees).

PL 2 — CGC says Fine, GCD says Eisner.

PL 5 — CGC says Eisner and Fine, GCD says Eisner.

PL 9 — CGC has nothing, GCD speculates Nick Cardy.

I’m no expert, but it seems to me that Eisner and Fine did collaborations, though on PL 1 Eisner said in an interview it was just Fine.