• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

Lol thanks Jared I appreciate it. 

here is the highlight of my collection and the other book I can't manage to stop smiling at 😁😁

20200410_174514.jpg

That’s what I’m talking about!  Great book man, and welcome to the club! 

3 hours ago, sacentaur said:

This Eldon unfortunately is not in grade due to insect chews on the spine, but it suits me just fine.

824683B0-AEFF-491E-A92F-B36461E2E14E.jpeg

:x All Eldon’s books.

Edited by kelholt

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

This Eldon unfortunately is not in grade due to insect chews on the spine, but it suits me just fine.

824683B0-AEFF-491E-A92F-B36461E2E14E.jpeg

Super cool.  I think the Eldon pedigree is awesome.  This and issue 14 are the only Eldon Planets I’ve seen.  I’m curious to know how many are out there. 

Just dug this up to post in the Fiction House thread because of the early discussion of color differences.  Fun Planet thread from 6 years ago.  A bunch of Cheetah’s and John Berk’s early issues, along with some of our regulars’ in this thread. Fun stuff.

Edited by Spyder!
Spelling

58 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Just dug this up to post in the Fiction House thread because of the early discussion of color differences.  Fun Planet thread from 6 years ago.  A bunch of Cheetah’s and John Berk’s early issues, along with some of our regulars’ in this thread. Fun stuff.

Great thread, I love the discussion and the post of all the different color variances.

For issue 17 I continued to collect images and I had 13 different ones but lost them all to a hard drive fail.

33 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Great thread, I love the discussion and the post of all the different color variances.

For issue 17 I continued to collect images and I had 13 different ones but lost them all to a hard drive fail.

Oh no!  I would have loved to see the side by side of 13 different Planet 17’s!  So much color variation. 

I was so happy to make it to page 3 to see Sha’s copy of Planet 17.  About 5 years after she posted that picture, I was fortunate enough to convince her to sell it to me!  One of the prize jewels of my collection.  I doubt I would have the full run of rivets today if not for her generosity.  Such a hard book to find!

8 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Oh no!  I would have loved to see the side by side of 13 different Planet 17’s!  So much color variation. 

I was so happy to make it to page 3 to see Sha’s copy of Planet 17.  About 5 years after she posted that picture, I was fortunate enough to convince her to sell it to me!  One of the prize jewels of my collection.  I doubt I would have the full run of rivets today if not for her generosity.  Such a hard book to find!

Sharon sold me her 28, which was the last book I needed.

Also of note from that thread: Cheetah's 17 is the one I upgraded to.

OK.... this is technically not a Planet Comic.  I'm not really sure if it even qualifies as a comic.  But it's Sci-Fi, it's old, and it's cool, and I wanted to show it off.

From the 1955 movie "This Island Earth".  A french "Picture Comic" adaptation of the movie.

What an awesome cover.

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg