• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

@adamstrange are these Actual Pics of the Spokane Planet issues that you mention?  Or just "filler" images?  Was curious.  Thanks in advance.

Actual.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Happy to have probably my biggest regret sale back in hand. My favorite rivet in pretty decent shape. :x

1D602190-C5A1-4E02-B601-5C2BFC5327D1.jpeg

beautiful book.

I like to think the Church books have the colors Fiction House intended. 

Edited by Artboy99

4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

beautiful book.

I like to think the Church books have the colors Fiction House intended. 

I think several of the Church Planets  have good color and many more than expected do not have great color. He supposedly picked good ones out of the bunch, but he too was subject to lower quality printing being the only available copies to choose from. 🤔

49 minutes ago, kelholt said:

I think several of the Church Planets  have good color and many more than expected do not have great color. He supposedly picked good ones out of the bunch, but he too was subject to lower quality printing being the only available copies to choose from. 🤔

absolutely. It is why I said "I like to think..."

6 hours ago, goldenacase said:

On the subject of good color this book was bought solely because of color. I hope the scan isn't misleading will post a pic when it arrives 

s-l1600-63.jpg

Is this the book on ebay that was slabbed by that other company as a 5.0?

I watched it for a long time and thought about making an offer. However, I didn't like the possibility of getting a negative surprise due to the questionable record of that other company's grading skill (or lack thereof).  And as result, the price was too high for me.

The colors are intense and the best I have seen in awhile.

Congrats n the purchase!

5 hours ago, chevalmeow said:

Is this the book on ebay that was slabbed by that other company as a 5.0?

I watched it for a long time and thought about making an offer. However, I didn't like the possibility of getting a negative surprise due to the questionable record of that other company's grading skill (or lack thereof).  And as result, the price was too high for me.

The colors are intense and the best I have seen in awhile.

Congrats n the purchase!

Thanks! I was able to negotiate a better price and is truly a case of the color not the grade or the company on this buy...hopefully no surprises when I de slab :wishluck:

15 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Planet 8 is :cloud9:

D7639203-B79B-4C87-B326-72FD9E644E1F.jpeg

I love that cover as well. That teal blue with the yellow color of the Planet Comics logo. I love the robot army advancing on the spear warrior-maidens.

I would post my CGC 7.5 but since the image is hosted at Photobucket, and I am currently at work I can't even log on to the site.