• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2020 at 10:29 AM, Artboy99 said:

My copy.

PlanetComic24.jpg

That's a great presenting copy, and probably looks even better in hand (maybe some glare in the photo?).

Basically, it's hard to go wrong with ANY copy of Planet 24!

This was my old copy.  I think it was the only Planet from the Central Valley Pedigree.  The mis-wrap was unfortunate but the colors were great. 

BTW, if posting books that I used to have is a problem for anyone, I can stop.

Planet24CGC92_zps1da4ad5f.jpg

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

This was my old copy.  I think it was the only Planet from the Central Valley Pedigree.  The mis-wrap was unfortunate but the colors were great. 

Post away!

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

That's a great presenting copy, and probably looks even better in hand (maybe some glare in the photo?).

Basically, it's hard to go wrong with ANY copy of Planet 24!

thanks,

to be honest I was expecting it to grade higher.

6 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Excellent colors on that copy! This has always been one of my favorite Doolin covers of the run. 

The blues are outstanding - blue is a color we often neglect in favor of strong reds, but often goes grey. When I first 'discovered' Planets in the photojournal - must be nearly 30 years ago now - this is the cover that stood out for me at the time. Very ERB!

On 8/26/2020 at 11:24 AM, cheetah said:

feel free to post. I am happy to see you posting again in the Planet Comics thread.

11 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Actually, there also was a Planet 4 in the Central Valley collection.

Lovely book.

Central Valley is the pedigree that made me abandon my quest of trying to own a Planet from each Pedigree. I just felt I would never see a book for sale with so few available. There are some other pedigrees with very few Planet books available as well. Was a foolish quest. :banana: