• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, SamPool said:

Is there a story behind this completion?  Did you have a coverless and found a cover?

Just curious.

Hey @SamPool I bought a 0.5 cgc missing 2 pages and wrap from @Spyder! a year or two ago. I was simply delighted to own a copy of a very tough and expense book. In the back of my head when buying incomplete books my goal is to someday complete it. As luck would have it on pop up on ebay a few weeks back and the rest is history. I'll say say there are some heavy endorphins working when you know you put together a golden age book. I can't explain it lol

4 hours ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

Hey @SamPool I bought a 0.5 cgc missing 2 pages and wrap from @Spyder! a year or two ago. I was simply delighted to own a copy of a very tough and expense book. In the back of my head when buying incomplete books my goal is to someday complete it. As luck would have it on pop up on ebay a few weeks back and the rest is history. I'll say say there are some heavy endorphins working when you know you put together a golden age book. I can't explain it lol

Wow, that is great news..

Enjoy..:cloud9:

25 minutes ago, goldenacase said:

On the subject of Planet 2 I have been holding off for a mid grade one for a few years after losing a nice raw one on ebay a while back I won this last Sunday on Heritage wish it was a higher grade not brittle... but finally a #2 is on the way:whee:

lf-29.jpeg

Looks pretty nice to me congrats :banana:

3 hours ago, goldenacase said:

On the subject of Planet 2 I have been holding off for a mid grade one for a few years after losing a nice raw one on ebay a while back I won this last Sunday on Heritage wish it was a higher grade not brittle... but finally a #2 is on the way:whee:

lf-29.jpeg

grats, I was watching that book as well but decided not to bid.

5 hours ago, goldenacase said:

lf-29.jpeg

Congrats! Planet 2 is one of my favorites. So many bright colors, one of the weirdest looking aliens you’ll ever see, and quite hard to find as well. My Planet 2 also has brittle pages, but it really doesn’t bother me, just happy to own a copy of this classic! Nice grab!

14 hours ago, goldenacase said:

lf-29.jpeg

I held that book before it was graded and it looked and felt nicer than the grade designation. Congratulations!!!