• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Issue 15, how is this not considered a classic cover by CGC?  How are several of these not considered classic covers (shrug)?

I personally feel that 14 is slightly harder to find, although I think part of that may be my own experience in trying to collect all the rivet issues. I found a 15 before I found a 14, so my simple brain decided 14 was harder to find! In all seriousness, both are hard to find books.  It does seem like 15 is harder to find with nice page quality. 

I’m happy with mine, and doubt I could ever afford to upgrade!

BF08F291-F839-4BEC-B3CE-C0A81A0A0BA8.jpeg

It's a classic cover to me.

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Issue 15, how is this not considered a classic cover by CGC?  How are several of these not considered classic covers (shrug)?

I personally feel that 14 is slightly harder to find, although I think part of that may be my own experience in trying to collect all the rivet issues. I found a 15 before I found a 14, so my simple brain decided 14 was harder to find! In all seriousness, both are hard to find books.  It does seem like 15 is harder to find with nice page quality. 

I’m happy with mine, and doubt I could ever afford to upgrade!

BF08F291-F839-4BEC-B3CE-C0A81A0A0BA8.jpeg

Not many in this club and i find your copy stunning.:banana:

3 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

@comicjackand I ooh'd and ahh'd over this copy when it was featured at the HA booth during NYCC 2017. That was when I made the fateful plunge...

Planet_Comics_15_cgc_6_0.thumb.jpg.98c26cf6f8c6db4d5302af32b365c402.jpg

I remember that day and what a copy to pickup.I have the feeling you will be happy if you ever part with it :banana:

4 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

I think 15 is harder but that might be because my 15 is the most I ever paid for a comic.... and NOT sorry! (well not sorry when my wife isn't around)

Planet 15 cgc 4.0 HA.jpg

One has to pay to play the wife will be happy one day.lol

52 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I couldn't say which was harder. 13, 14, and 15 were all books that I bought the only copy I ever saw.  I think the three made up the weakest books in my collection.  This one looks nice but the brittle pages was disappointing.

Planet15_zpsd7de941f.jpg

one of the copies I passed on due to the brittle pages. I believe I saw this one on Heritage.

57 minutes ago, cheetah said:

I couldn't say which was harder. 13, 14, and 15 were all books that I bought the only copy I ever saw.  I think the three made up the weakest books in my collection.  This one looks nice but the brittle pages was disappointing.

Planet15_zpsd7de941f.jpg

Yes, we often discuss/debate whether 14 or 15 is more rare, but 13 is pretty darn hard to find too. I’ve only been collecting Planets for about two and half years, but I’ve seen fewer copies of 13 for sale than 14 or 15.

5 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

I think 15 is harder but that might be because my 15 is the most I ever paid for a comic.... and NOT sorry! (well not sorry when my wife isn't around)

Planet 15 cgc 4.0 HA.jpg

5 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

@comicjackand I ooh'd and ahh'd over this copy when it was featured at the HA booth during NYCC 2017. That was when I made the fateful plunge...

Planet_Comics_15_cgc_6_0.thumb.jpg.98c26cf6f8c6db4d5302af32b365c402.jpg

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

Nice to see so many great copies of the 15 here :golfclap:

102_5993.thumb.JPG.9e29e69b6aab62b54bc53eda46457f61.JPG

Really fantastic copies everyone! 

29B482BE-3C90-4A70-B34F-49FCDCC47F89.gif

6 hours ago, cheetah said:

Planet15_zpsd7de941f.jpg

This one ended up in my collection for a while, but like you I was never happy with the page quality, even though it presents well. I kept imagining the pages crumbling into the bottom of the case!

5 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I've kept my #12 and #13, but let go of multiple copies of #14, #15 and #16 down the years. This was my #16...

Planet Comics #16 CGC 8.5.jpg

For a moment I thought you had my old copy.  But the colors on yours are better.

Planet16.jpg