• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, mwotka said:

A day late on the 15 fest.  Here is mine.  Pretty rough overall but nice PQ and decent color. This was the last Planet I needed for the run. I was pretty happy then this arrived. :whee:

Planet 15.jpg

Super, with great color in the logo!! When did you finally complete the run of #1 - #73?

2 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Super, with great color in the logo!! When did you finally complete the run of #1 - #73?

October of 2019.  Was thinking of posting them all in a recap but got busy and then covid happened and here we are but this is working out pretty nicely.  Of course, have still made a few upgrades...

1 hour ago, mwotka said:

October of 2019.  Was thinking of posting them all in a recap but got busy and then covid happened and here we are but this is working out pretty nicely.  Of course, have still made a few upgrades...

happy to hear!

Congrats on completing the run.

I wonder how many other complete runs of Planet Comics are out there?

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

happy to hear!

Congrats on completing the run.

I wonder how many other complete runs of Planet Comics are out there?

There are 5 boardies with complete runs that I am aware of, and a 6th that is one book away.  There has to be a few complete runs out there I don't know about too. 

It is quite an amazing accomplishment.  I've owned all 73 issues but never all of them at once. The closest I ever got was 65/73 at one point.

30 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

There are 5 boardies with complete runs that I am aware of, and a 6th that is one book away.  There has to be a few complete runs out there I don't know about too. 

It is quite an amazing accomplishment.  I've owned all 73 issues but never all of them at once. The closest I ever got was 65/73 at one point.

which 5?

34 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I'm down to that pesky #15.  One of my biggest comic collecting regrets is debating too long when the book now owned by Spyder came available.  Oh well, at least it went to a good home.  Based on all the beautiful 15s posted in this thread, it looks like most of these books are locked up in collections.

3 hours ago, Tim Weaver said:

I'm down to that pesky #15.  One of my biggest comic collecting regrets is debating too long when the book now owned by Spyder came available.  Oh well, at least it went to a good home.  Based on all the beautiful 15s posted in this thread, it looks like most of these books are locked up in collections.

It's interesting how things work out.  If you had pulled the trigger on the 2.5 copy I ended up buying, I would not have sold my old copy to mwotka, and maybe he would still be one book short of completing the run.

Best of luck in your search Tim! 

16 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

It's interesting how things work out.  If you had pulled the trigger on the 2.5 copy I ended up buying, I would not have sold my old copy to mwotka, and maybe he would still be one book short of completing the run.

Best of luck in your search Tim! 

Yep, it's all good.  I've been working on upgrades while I wait on a nice copy of the ever elusive 15 to surface.  

This thread is always so much fun to follow.  The Planet collections owned by boardies are just incredible.  I'm technologically challenged, but one of these days I'll figure out how to post pictures of my books and join the party.

Great 16’s by all. I’ve always liked 16. This issue is the only cover appearance of Mars God of War which is hard to believe as he was a stable story in Planet for a long time. I like a majority of the Mars internal stories which are usually drawn well. I agree that a really bold colored 16 would be fantastic to see as it would look like Mars is literally jumping out of  the page.

1 hour ago, kelholt said:

Great 16’s by all. I’ve always liked 16. This issue is the only cover appearance of Mars God of War which is hard to believe as he was a stable story in Planet for a long time. I like a majority of the Mars internal stories which are usually drawn well. I agree that a really bold colored 16 would be fantastic to see as it would look like Mars is literally jumping out of  the page.

The planet 16 splash page sure is well drawn.

A51151C2-2F3E-4B59-ADDD-848C19C57BCA.jpeg

21 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

my picture is a bit washed out but it does look nice in hand.

and I only have 2 planets to go.

planet 16.JPG

Well for some reason I thought you had finished off the run!

I take back what I said earlier, I know of just 4 boardies who’ve completed the run :wink:.

Which ones do you still need?