• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Tim Weaver said:

Awesome book.  I think I was the underbidder on this one.  That may well be the best color strike of any 24.

Bidding was pretty crazy on that Planet 24, understandably: the colors are just insane. Good to know at least that I was up against a solid boardie, rather than some rando dude. :foryou: (thumbsu

46 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Bidding was pretty crazy on that Planet 24, understandably: the colors are just insane. Good to know at least that I was up against a solid boardie, rather than some rando dude. :foryou: (thumbsu

After not getting your 24, I ended up spending even more on the Church copy when it became available.  But to be honest, your book presents nicer than the Church copy.  The colors are better on the Church 24 than my scan shows, but not as nice as yours.  You've got a great book.

Pretty sweet Planet 20 deslabbed 4.0 available over in G/S/B Forum from mustang33guy, if anyone is looking.  

Scratch that, just sold...

Edited by mwotka
item sold

10 hours ago, cheetah said:

Looks like from near the end of the print run when the red had run out.

My impression is that most of the print run was running on empty in terms of the full color. Artboy's copy has a band of deeper color near the top of the book that hints at what a full saturation #26 might have been like, but I've never seen one, and opinions differ.

21 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

here is my 27, as with many of my planets, I got this from Rick.

planet 27 cgc 5.5.JPG

nice oranges on yours. My copy has strong yellows and greens but now that I see this copy my red palette is lacking.

Edited by Artboy99