• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I remember that copy well. It has amazing reds to a degree rarely seen in this issue.

I don't know if it's scanners or not but those colours make it my favourite of all posted so far.

just to put this out there, I spent a lot of time with scans trying to replicate what the book looked like and not what I WANTED the book to look like.  My scans weren’t perfect and yellows were absolutely the most difficult color to recreate, plus different monitors and screens show the same color differently.  All that being said, the yellows on the Heritage scan are not the yellows on the book.  Do any GA books have that brilliant a yellow?  The cover in general did not have the vibrant pop like it seems in the Heritage scan.  It was a very nice book and I think my scan on this one matches well with the book in hand.  I always considered it one of the best colored FH covers that I had.  But if I had bought it thinking it would be as vivid as the Heritage scan, I think I might have been disappointed.

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

just to put this out there, I spent a lot of time with scans trying to replicate what the book looked like and not what I WANTED the book to look like.  My scans weren’t perfect and yellows were absolutely the most difficult color to recreate, plus different monitors and screens show the same color differently.  All that being said, the yellows on the Heritage scan are not the yellows on the book.  Do any GA books have that brilliant a yellow?  The cover in general did not have the vibrant pop like it seems in the Heritage scan.  It was a very nice book and I think my scan on this one matches well with the book in hand.  I always considered it one of the best colored FH covers that I had.  But if I had bought it thinking it would be as vivid as the Heritage scan, I think I might have been disappointed.

I have experienced jacked up scans from many sites, the worst has to be Metropolis/Comicconnect.