• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Hey, Tim, that is my old copy.  I had it graded and got that 9.6.  Sold it and now it is with you.  Glad to see it again.  Thanks!

I thought it looked like your copy--I was checking the distinguishing markings and was pretty sure, but figured you would confirm.  It's a beautiful book (my crappy picture doesn't do it justice).  I'm very happy you decided to part with it :foryou:

8 minutes ago, Tim Weaver said:

I thought it looked like your copy--I was checking the distinguishing markings and was pretty sure, but figured you would confirm.  It's a beautiful book (my crappy picture doesn't do it justice).  I'm very happy you decided to part with it :foryou:

Still only 1 of 2 top graded in the census.  I believe the other is a Church book.  Circumstances were perfect for me to sell at that time and I do miss it but there are others I can pick up at a later time.  It is great fun to be "on the hunt" for good looking books, so I know I will find a nice copy when I am ready.

4 hours ago, Tim Weaver said:

My phone is washing out the reds at the bottom a bit.IMG_2686.thumb.jpg.256283ae4ba02052ad2c2383e70b56a9.jpg

Tim, I’m loving all these beauties you are sharing. Keep it up!

I only wish you had figured out how to post when we were doing the rivets! :cry:

On 3/16/2021 at 1:12 PM, Artboy99 said:

nice copy! 

My least favorite cover is the one with the muscular amazon holding the bound guy and swinging on the rope. 46? 47? I cant remember the issue number as I type this.

I break out in hives whenever I see #46. 

On 3/19/2021 at 1:33 AM, Artboy99 said:

My 40.

Another strong color book. 

40 is another Fiction House book with a wide variety of coloration. The dudes at the bottom left: I have seen them purple, blue, green.

The blonde girl on this cover makes me think of an old Star Trek episode where Spock has a relationship with a girl who lives in a cloud city, while a race called the Troglodytes mine Zenite in caverns below. Although not all that similar.

PlanetComics40CGC70_zps96975cb6.jpg

Wow, what a great copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!