• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Bedrock and I compared notes after the Heritage 'Planet' Auction. I know he went after your #29, but didn't fully commit, or I would not have won it. Not sure if he did win any - too many other interests I suspect. Thankfully, he didn't outbid me on the #55. That slip of paper looked very odd in the Heritage scan, which may have confused potential bidders into thinking the book was miscut. I remember looking very hard at the scan before taking the plunge. It was one I really wanted. I have always wondered if that is a Baker cover - it's certainly 'Bakeresque'!

Planet Comics #55 CGC 9.4.jpg

I agree, she really doesn’t look like a Doolin girl to me, much more like Baker.

I also love the Jumbo 10 cover inspiration.

16 hours ago, cheetah said:

I didn’t watch the auction very closely.  Too many mixed emotions.  The books did okay but not great.  IIRC, the final price was roughly what I paid but then there was the BP and all that.  The heritage scan goes make this one look wonky.  You can see the paper was loose in my scan too.

As I recall, some of the mid-numbers underperformed. #66 went through the roof, and I missed out on it - but also on some of those mid-number books because I held onto funds for later numbers. #66 was the only one I really wanted that I didn't get though, so cant complain.

Edited by Flex Mentallo

3 hours ago, cheetah said:

I didn’t watch the auction very closely.  Too many mixed emotions.  The books did okay but not great.  IIRC, the final price was roughly what I paid but then there was the BP and all that.  The heritage scan goes make this one look wonky.  You can see the paper was loose in my scan too.

For the record, I managed to land your #23, #29, #48, #49, #53, #55 and #58. (The #48 was in a weekly auction  just after the big one though.) Probably the most satisfaction I ever got from a single auction.