• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

wanted to share this in case you guys dont check my completed run thread.

Just got this back from CGC and I am thrilled!

9.4 white pages double cover!

The ink got printed offset on the cover as well, making it a rather unique book.

Planet Comics 48 9.4 double cover.jpg

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

I love that cover, and was very excited to find it as an actual Planet!

Australian #15. It is the only copy I have ever seen, and I sent it to be graded. 

PlanetComics15NZ_zps1de041db.jpg

20191015_161103.jpg

Karl, these 2 books are just so cool!  I’m glad your double cover Planet 48 came back with such a high grade. Out of register and double cover.  I think it’s got to be the most desirable copy of 48 out there.

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I love that cover, and was very excited to find it as an actual Planet!

Australian #15. It is the only copy I have ever seen, and I sent it to be graded. 

PlanetComics15NZ_zps1de041db.jpg

20191015_161103.jpg

I collect the Australian versions of Planet. Any chance of a sale?

Dikko

6 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

wanted to share this in case you guys dont check my completed run thread.

Just got this back from CGC and I am thrilled!

9.4 white pages double cover!

The ink got printed offset on the cover as well, making it a rather unique book.

Planet Comics 48 9.4 double cover.jpg

Man this book is awesome congrats on the grade and thanks for sharing! :cloud9:(worship)

I am a bit late to The Planet #1 party as well . I first received Howard Rogofsky’s list in the 1960s and marveled at pages of old comics I had never seen or heard of , including a intriguing title listed as Planet Comics . I was in Las Vegas no old book or thrift shops to find comics and to tell the truth I had no idea what a Planet 1 looked like. I spotted a Planet 1 on Ed Dobolak’s list in 1970s bought it and was hooked . This is a meager coverless copy outer wrap missing but liked the stories and was hooked .

image.jpg