• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

The Planets are coming....:foryou::whistle:

In the next few days

Keep checking out HA.com/7244 

One can only imagine :smile:

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Nearly 3 years ago, I bought my first Planet Comics issue.  I was pretty much addicted immediately.  Over the following 9 months or so, I accumulated 66 of the 73 issues.  However, the 7 that I still needed were all hard to find rivet issues.  I lacked the funds to keep all 66 issues in my collection at that point and still pursue those remaining 7 rivets, so I decided to sell pretty much everything that was not a rivet issue in order to complete the 1-22 run.

A few months later, I had all 22 rivet issues!  :banana: However, I was far from completing the run, even if I did have most of the hardest ones to acquire.  I decided to keep my focus on the first 22 issues, rather than try to complete the run.  As a result of that focus, I upgraded my Planet 2, 3, 5, 6, 11, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22. (thumbsu

I would occasionally purchase a non-rivet Planet, but never came close again to the full run.  Then I allowed myself to get distracted with those lovely early Fox books, and sold some Planets (not the rivets of course!) in order to pursue those.  I realized that I just couldn't continue to pursue both Fox and Fiction House at the same time.  A choice had to be made.  Fiction House won.

I am rededicating myself to the completion of the Planet Comics run.

This arrived today.  I now have 34/73 issues.  I've got a long way to go, but the journey sure is going to be fun!

You need help, and therapy will be a lot cheaper.  :nyah: