• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I generally like my Planets raw but I will just have to settle for slabbed with this 35 (one of my very favorites)

yiEgp2c.jpg

I can't believe you "settled" for this awful copy :insane:

Just now, Ricksneatstuff said:

I really like that one. I have a raw copy and we can do a trade if you want :wishluck:

Sorry Rick, kelholt is in line ahead of you in case I temporarily lose my mind again! 

I'm sure the book could have pressed (back cover) to an 8.0, but I plan on keeping it just the way it is. :) 

7 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I generally like my Planets raw but I will just have to settle for slabbed with this 35 (one of my very favorites)

yiEgp2c.jpg

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

The other bookend of the 7.5 pairing:

PlanetComics35CGC7_5_zps443fae0a.jpg

Impressive bookends, Gentlemen!

Mine can be slid somewhere in between your copies on the bookshelf. Until I find a 7.5 upgrade that is!

planet_35.jpg.498542829ff643b13eae912b6e515db0.jpg

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Several years ago I moved my raw copy of Planet 34 to a boardie, much to my regret.

So now I'm very pleased to have this 'Eldon' in the house! :) 

6b04c6e5-db32-4831-ab32-f028c742f1fc_zps

Great copy Steve :luhv:

Here are two of my all-time favorite Planet purchases and they both came in today. These books are around 4.5 and 5.0 respectively but this 52 and 49 are just stellar in color. Both have sub creases but pretty nice pages and structurally very sound. I would not mind a run like this. Fun to handle and easy to read with great color and light on the wallet. :applause:

The 49 is mega glossy, like a brand new book.

ESXvCg6.jpg

QnzyXy6.jpg

45 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Here are two of my all-time favorite Planet purchases and they both came in today. These books are around 4.5 and 5.0 respectively but this 52 and 49 are just stellar in color. Both have sub creases but pretty nice pages and structurally very sound. I would not mind a run like this. Fun to handle and easy to read with great color and light on the wallet. :applause:

The 49 is mega glossy, like a brand new book.

ESXvCg6.jpg

QnzyXy6.jpg

Great copies! Looks like the ink hasn't even dried on them yet, esp. the #49.