• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,231 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Two great books, Michael - if given a choice, I'd take the 8.0 restored (weird to select a PLOD over a Blue, I know).

Right there with you, Steve. If I have a grail, this would be it!

Edited by Flex Mentallo

9 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Lily Renee :cloud9:

...... it seems she was as pretty as the gals she drew....... must have been a tough market to crack for a lady in the 40's..... I bet she has some stories to tell. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

...in a way, this is a "Berk Book"..... even though it wasn't his..... it came up on the "New Additions" section while the Berk Auction was underway and everyone else was distracted..... I had to pounce.....one of my favorite issues of the title....

eSGYQTx.jpg

Love it Jimbo!! Huge Renee fan here and that one is at or near the top of the class!:x

35 is hard to beat..... that one's my fave..... but this one has caught my eye since my first (..of many) sets of Gerber's..... the art in this time frame is so inspired... GOD BLESS...

On 7/9/2017 at 8:19 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Love it Jimbo!! Huge Renee fan here and that one is at or near the top of the class!:x

Stellar copy!  It's one a the few Planets I HAD to track down.  Love my copy too...

I picked up this Planet 57 on HA this weekend. Looks to be a 4.5 or so- and I paid fairly strong for it for the grade. I just have really fallen in love with nice presenting great color "mid" grade copies for my own collection. I like having them raw and I like thumbing through them.

IMG_5547.JPG

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

On 7/9/2017 at 7:08 PM, jimjum12 said:

Lily Renee :cloud9:

...... it seems she was as pretty as the gals she drew....... must have been a tough market to crack for a lady in the 40's..... I bet she has some stories to tell. GOD BLESS...

...in a way, this is a "Berk Book"..... even though it wasn't his..... it came up on the "New Additions" section while the Berk Auction was underway and everyone else was distracted..... I had to pounce.....one of my favorite issues of the title....

eSGYQTx.jpg

Really spectacular colors and shine on that copy, jimjum!! What a pickup!

Let us know if Mysta survives those death-webs at Zenith 3.

On 7/11/2017 at 9:54 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I picked up this Planet 57 on HA this weekend. Looks to be a 4.5 or so- and I paid fairly strong for it for the grade. I just have really fallen in love with nice presenting great color "mid" grade copies for my own collection. I like having them raw and I like thumbing through them.

IMG_5547.JPG

Nice one, Rick! I saw that on HA, and noted the red dress. Would've bid, except there was that Berk auction...