• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,229 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, kelholt said:

My one win from the CC Berk Extravaganza: Planet 14

As most most Planet collectors can attest, just owning a 14 is special so condition can sometimes be secondary.  This one is second highest graded behind the Church copy, and I have no hope that book will be available in the next decade or I could afford. Happy to say that in hand it looks just as good or better than the scans. It has a true purplish background where a majority of Planet 14's have a blue background. 

IMG_0994.PNG

Way to go Kelly, that's a fine funny book! :applause:

6 hours ago, kelholt said:

As most most Planet collectors can attest, just owning a 14 is special so condition can sometimes be secondary.  This one is second highest graded behind the Church copy, and I have no hope that book will be available in the next decade or I could afford. Happy to say that in hand it looks just as good or better than the scans. It has a true purplish background where a majority of Planet 14's have a blue background. 

IMG_0994.PNG

Amazing book Kelly!! Big congrats!

22 hours ago, kelholt said:

IMG_0994.PNG

Yowzal! Fantastic book, Kelly, one of my favorite Zolnerowich covers, and so hard to come by! Wonderful colors on your copy. (thumbsu

This cover always reminds me of the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz, though these tomahawk-wielding lion aliens ain't very cowardly.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:42 PM, sacentaur said:

Not only is this a Top Ten Planet Comics cover (by Maurice Whitman) for me, it's slowly become a favorite overall... 1950's sci-fi at its best. :cloud9:

PL70.png

Definitely one of my favorite Planet covers too. A great looking copy.

23 hours ago, kelholt said:

IMG_0994.PNG

Great pick up, congrats my friend 

Edited by jhutton2

3 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Yowzal! Fantastic book, Kelly, one of my favorite Zolnerowich covers, and so hard to come by! Wonderful colors on your copy. (thumbsu

This cover always reminds me of the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz, though these tomahawk-wielding lion aliens ain't very cowardly.

This is indeed a great copy, but your memories of childhood are questionable  :insane:

On 7/16/2017 at 4:52 PM, damonwad said:

Definitely one of my favorite Planet covers too. A great looking copy.

I always thought this cover had an old B movie poster look about it. Just so incredibly awesome classic 50s sci fi. 

Edited by atomic1950s

On July 19, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

That cover has really grown on me. I just got my copy back from being pressed today.  Not quite as nice as that one though. 

:applause:

IMG_5786.jpg

Looking at these covers never gets old.   Love the date stamp too.

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I absolutely LOVE my copy:

PLanetComics48front_zpsb521dd0a.jpg

Planet%20Comics%2048%20inner%20cover_zps

Funky printing and a double cover, cool!