• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

A few new additions to the Planetarium. ;)

The 19 has a wicked spine split that really hurts the grade, but this is the best looking VG'ish book I own.

Planet.19.jpg

Planet.41.jpg

Planet.56.jpg

Planet.64.jpg

All great but that 19 is awesome!! I love books that look like that with a hidden major flaw. Great bang for the buck! 

6 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

The 19 has a wicked spine split that really hurts the grade, but this is the best looking VG'ish book I own.

Planet.19.jpg

Planet.41.jpg

Planet.56.jpg

Planet.64.jpg

Nice group of books. 19 is one of the best. The spider is so wicked cool ? 

3 hours ago, kelholt said:

Nice group of books. 19 is one of the best. The spider is so wicked cool ? 

I think I've seen the 19 before..... did it come from Gene Carpenter ?..........if so it has sublime gloss and very nice PQ.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I think I've seen the 19 before..... did it come from Gene Carpenter ?..........if so it has sublime gloss and very nice PQ.... GOD BLESS...

It sure did!  I mentioned that I thought he looked familiar, then realized I recognized him from photos of The Leader's con reports, which you're also in! :hi:

5 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Gene has had that one for a while, of course Gene has just about everything....

1 hour ago, lpsunburst said:

Gene has had that one for a while, of course Gene has just about everything....

That's a true statement.  I saw more books on my wantlist at his booth than I've seen at the last 6 cons I've attended.  His inventory is incredible.  Pricey, but very willing to negotiate, and you won't find a friendlier guy.

39 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

That's a true statement.  I saw more books on my wantlist at his booth than I've seen at the last 6 cons I've attended.  His inventory is incredible.  Pricey, but very willing to negotiate, and you won't find a friendlier guy.

Gene is also a walking encyclopedia of comics, I am pretty sure he will be at Baltimore, he always does the monthly Shoff Shows here in the DC area, if any of you are quasi local and have not done the Tysons or Annandale shows they are pretty good.

2 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

Gene is also a walking encyclopedia of comics, I am pretty sure he will be at Baltimore, he always does the monthly Shoff Shows here in the DC area, if any of you are quasi local and have not done the Tysons or Annandale shows they are pretty good.

I saw him at the Annandale Shoff show.  That place is fantastic, and was very unexpected.

1 hour ago, jhutton2 said:

Does he have a website by any chance?

I dont think so, his business is All-American Comics, he always has the most amazing wall selection only exceeded by what he keeps under the table so always ask.

20 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Planet.19.jpg

the 19 presents very well!

Here is my 6.0:

PlanetComics19CGC60_zps6872c451.jpg

1 minute ago, lpsunburst said:

Wow, is it really that blue? I always see the lighter shade of blue, that one is intense! Awesome copy!

Yes my copy is a strong blue color, the reds are strong as well as in the color of her shoes.

15 hours ago, podboy66 said:

great book Karl, the colours are fantastic on that one!

Thanks Vern!

I while I love the colors I wish it was a higher structural grade as well. Don't like the dust shadow and the missing chips out of the cover.

Oh well, it is a keeper.