• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

Anyone have any luck with any of Jon Berk's bound Planet volumes?  They had every issue up to 60 across 5 volumes.  I tried for a few but they didn't go cheap.  Vol. 1, issues 1-12, did $16,000.  Vol. 2, issues 13-24, did $13,800.  Vol. 3, issues 25-36, did $3800.  Vol. 4, issues 37-48, did $2,300.  Vol. 5, issues 49-60, did $3,500.  They looked pretty heavily trimmed so I think that held down the later volumes.  Still, pretty cool items.

On 3/26/2024 at 11:42 PM, mwotka said:

Anyone have any luck with any of Jon Berk's bound Planet volumes?  They had every issue up to 60 across 5 volumes.  I tried for a few but they didn't go cheap.  Vol. 1, issues 1-12, did $16,000.  Vol. 2, issues 13-24, did $13,800.  Vol. 3, issues 25-36, did $3800.  Vol. 4, issues 37-48, did $2,300.  Vol. 5, issues 49-60, did $3,500.  They looked pretty heavily trimmed so I think that held down the later volumes.  Still, pretty cool items.

any idea what the (R) CGC grade might be for most of the books? At the prices you note, I'm guessing 9.0ish(?)

On 3/27/2024 at 7:48 PM, whomerjay said:

any idea what the (R) CGC grade might be for most of the books? At the prices you note, I'm guessing 9.0ish(?)

Well with them being bound, they have all been glued together, likely punched and bound, and trimmed.  Couldn't grade them together.  So to pull them apart, you are looking at purple label 2.0 range, depending on the spine damage when disassembled. If this sort of thing doesn't bother you, you can actually get pretty nice color and PQ books, as they were typically kept inside on shelves and were protected from light.  A number of dealers buy these to separate and sell individually.  If it was me, I'd just keep them bound.