• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

yes but in this specific book it shouldn't be 6.0 blue label.  With the bottom right corner crease it is very likely a 7.0 without the 4 punched holes. What is the proper grade deduction for 4 holes? 

Maybe a lax grading point or the guy feel asleep at the grading table. (shrug):insane:

20 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

yes but in this specific book it shouldn't be 6.0 blue label.  With the bottom right corner crease it is very likely a 7.0 without the 4 punched holes. What is the proper grade deduction for 4 holes? 

I've seen Timely Schomburgs before with punch-holes that have achieved higher grades than this, but they were usually down the side/spine. Who knows what criteria is applied these days?

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

My new favorite Planet from late in the run! :)

High cheekbones, a floating city, cyclopean egg martians, ethically compromised experiments, and brilliant colors all add up to that Planetary goodness.

638FBDDF-F717-4D94-BC96-38596131BB34.thumb.jpeg.d732bebb110f8dedd96a1421cd2fb173.jpeg

Nice!  I know you had been looking for a copy.  Glad that you landed one.

Don't you just hate it when you post your copy and some jerk has to post his higher-graded copy when replying to your post?  What's with those guys? :taptaptap:

2017-11-02-0001_zpscszzrlbn.JPG

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Don't you just hate it when you post your copy and some jerk has to post his higher-graded copy when replying to your post?  What's with those guys? :taptaptap:

I hate it even more when you PM those guys offering to second mortgage your house for the book and they just talk about their comic coffin lining. :baiting:lol

8 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I hate it even more when you PM those guys offering to second mortgage your house for the book and they just talk about their comic coffin lining. :baiting:lol

A Viking funeral, baby! All my books piled around me while the barge is set on fire and floats out to sea!

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

A Viking funeral, baby! All my books piled around me while the barge is set on fire and floats out to sea!

Your children will be pulling them off the barge lol

Just now, comicjack said:
4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Your children will be pulling them off the barge lol

I told someone I was giving instructions that I be floated down the Delaware, not the Hudson.  You never know what some of those NYC dealers might do! :)

On 4/23/2018 at 8:06 PM, entalmighty1 said:

Another addition to the run.

Planet.59.jpg

Wolverine prototype?

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

I told someone I was giving instructions that I be floated down the Delaware, not the Hudson.  You never know what some of those NYC dealers might do! :)

Are you talking about Mike C

27 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Meh. My other copy is a CGC 10.75 porcelain white pages.

The “my stick is bigger than your stick” pathology has been the untidy demise of many a tyrant throughout history.  

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Wow nicest copy I've seen :cloud9:, been looking for a 71 lately just a fantastic cover.

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Dont you hate it even more when some twerp posts a similar copy to yours then tells you he only paid $351 for it in 2009?

Planet Comics #71 CGC 8.0.jpg

Edited by Flex Mentallo

5 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Dont you hate it even more when some twerp posts a similar copy to yours then tells you he only paid $351 for it in 2009?

Planet Comics #71 CGC 8.0.jpg

you twerp! :cloud9:

I see more fiction house color variation between these 2 copies.