'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
20 20

3,628 posts in this topic

15,060 posts
Posted (edited)

My top 10 favorite Planet covers in order (this week):

65

17

18

35

66

28

13

33

70

56

Edited by Ricksneatstuff
Put in 56 in place of 53- so tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,351 posts

72, 53, 66, 52, 1, 48, 32, 47, 69, 58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,740 posts
7 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Speaking of favorites, this was my sole win from the Nic Cage Heritage Auction so many years ago [sold and reacquired since!] There is an entire Game of Thrones in this epic cover!

Planet Comics #28 CGC 6.5.Nicolas Cage.jpg

Always been one of my favorite covers of the run for me :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,160 posts
5 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Always been one of my favorite covers of the run for me :)

 

I agree, and I just noticed something for the first time...the sort of electric charge as the sword makes contact with the baddie's chainmail. :shy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,160 posts
13 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Speaking of favorites, this was my sole win from the Nic Cage Heritage Auction so many years ago [sold and reacquired since!] There is an entire Game of Thrones in this epic cover!

Planet Comics #28 CGC 6.5.Nicolas Cage.jpg

Old old label strictness, that looks a really mean 6.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,519 posts
2 hours ago, G G said:

Old old label strictness, that looks a really mean 6.5

Hi grade structure, but a tiny corner off bottom right.(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,160 posts

planet # 42 interiors now uploaded to GRR

1-42 now complete.

 

0x.jpg

2x.jpg

13x.jpg

29x.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,160 posts
Posted (edited)

planet # 43 interiors now uploaded to GRR

1-43 now complete.

 

17.jpg

26.jpg

35.jpg

38.jpg

42.jpg

0 (1).jpg

Edited by G G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,464 posts

Wow, a CGC 6.5 copy of Planet 14 just hit the census! A new 2nd highest graded. :whatthe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,160 posts
2 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Wow, a CGC 6.5 copy of Planet 14 just hit the census! A new 2nd highest graded. :whatthe:

Never mind that, your sigline's lookin' dope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,464 posts
Just now, sacentaur said:

When submitting this book, I included a note that Hunt Bowman and the Lost World begins which has for some reason been missing from  prior labels for this issue when slabbed. Well lo and behold... kudos to CGC for actually listening.

 

F16F5CA8-8063-4AB9-9490-DEF675C79432.jpeg

Wow, stellar book!  I noticed that there was a newly graded, 2nd highest copy on the census.  Beauty!

I'm glad they added your note to the label! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,160 posts
2 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

When submitting this book, I included a note that Hunt Bowman and the Lost World begins which has for some reason been missing from  prior labels for this issue when slabbed. Well lo and behold... kudos to CGC for actually listening.

Lost World is hands down my favourite story series in PLANETS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 posts
1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

When submitting this book, I included a note that Hunt Bowman and the Lost World begins which has for some reason been missing from  prior labels for this issue when slabbed. Well lo and behold... kudos to CGC for actually listening.

 

F16F5CA8-8063-4AB9-9490-DEF675C79432.jpeg

Beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,017 posts
19 hours ago, sacentaur said:

When submitting this book, I included a note that Hunt Bowman and the Lost World begins which has for some reason been missing from  prior labels for this issue when slabbed. Well lo and behold... kudos to CGC for actually listening.

 

F16F5CA8-8063-4AB9-9490-DEF675C79432.jpeg

Hi Steve. What a great copy. (thumbsu Is this an older book of yours you finally decided to slab, or is it a recent pick up?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,012 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hi Steve. What a great copy. (thumbsu Is this an older book of yours you finally decided to slab, or is it a recent pick up?

 

Hi Jay, it’s an older book I finally decided to slab - got it from Payette decades ago. Also Planet 16 and 24 and 27...

Edited by sacentaur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
20 20