• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Just got some books back from being reholdered! I know it makes me a bit crazy, but I really can’t handle the murky plastic of the old holders compared to the much clearer plastic of the new ones. 

Yes, I chickened out on pressing and resubbing the 7. I am in love with it just the way it is.

626D6C92-F8B8-4ED2-886B-594AA2B66B1B.jpeg

F001BA58-5F96-4A9F-BEC8-EFA3DA14C0A2.jpeg

Very, very nice group of books!

20 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Just got some books back from being reholdered! I know it makes me a bit crazy, but I really can’t handle the murky plastic of the old holders compared to the much clearer plastic of the new ones. 

Yes, I chickened out on pressing and resubbing the 7. I am in love with it just the way it is.

626D6C92-F8B8-4ED2-886B-594AA2B66B1B.jpeg

F001BA58-5F96-4A9F-BEC8-EFA3DA14C0A2.jpeg

Great looking books!

I just sent in 10 more of my unslabbed Planets.

I am also going to send my 15 in for restoration through CCS. I contacted a restorer here in Canada first but he never got back to me. CCS contacted me next day, so they will get my business.

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Great looking books!

I just sent in 10 more of my unslabbed Planets.

I am also going to send my 15 in for restoration through CCS. I contacted a restorer here in Canada first but he never got back to me. CCS contacted me next day, so they will get my business.

Nice! Can’t wait to see how those 10 books come back. 

Also, excited to see what your 15 looks like once it’s been restored. I’m glad you made that decision. 

57 minutes ago, comicjack said:

That Planet 15 did pretty well in the Heritage Auction today and Spyder should be happy to be in that limited club :banana:

I was surprised by the final hammer price on the 15! I think it’s a very nice looking copy. And yes, I’m thrilled to be in the club. You should be feeling great about your copy too :cloud9:

Are there any planet comics anthologies? Books of issue reprints like the Yoe books PCH ones?  I don't dare start collecting these or I'll be gone for sure, but definitely want to see more of what's inside... thx!

10 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Are there any planet comics anthologies? Books of issue reprints like the Yoe books PCH ones?  I don't dare start collecting these or I'll be gone for sure, but definitely want to see more of what's inside... thx!

Yep, just read 2 of my kids the Lost World story from Planet 24 tonight.  I have about half of the PS Artbooks Planet reprints now.

E20BD094-2F3B-4787-820B-ADA4D8FF8109.jpeg