• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

I was also a beneficiary of Jason’s decision to sell his beautiful Planets.  These 2 rivet upgrades arrived yesterday. 

The Planetobsessitus is real!

1C21024B-290D-4E86-B08C-039070354D89.jpeg

Awesome pickups.  The colors look really nice on the 2 in particular.  I love a lot of the Planet covers, but 2 is my absolute favorite.  Congrats!

1 hour ago, jmg3637 said:

not sure if my post here had any impact, But the bids jumped from 70 to 100 right after I did.  when bidding went to the floor it jumped to 250 just prior to the close

This thread has 22 confirmed Planetheads and lots more casual followers. I'm guessing your post didn't do the book any harm. On behalf of those bidders....you're welcome. :insane:

On 12/8/2019 at 6:33 PM, Spyder! said:

I was also a beneficiary of Jason’s decision to sell his beautiful Planets.  These 2 rivet upgrades arrived yesterday. 

The Planetobsessitus is real!

1C21024B-290D-4E86-B08C-039070354D89.jpeg

I was interested in that 2 as well. Glad it went to a good home. And that 21 is wowsers

Edited by Artboy99

16 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

On CC, Flex's #18 6.5 did very well, the color was gorgeous.  The Church 9.4 took quite the haircut, from 19,200 a year ago to 14,000.

Not just a haircut, but a bath, shampoo & set. :whatthe:

22 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

On CC, Flex's #18 6.5 did very well, the color was gorgeous.  The Church 9.4 took quite the haircut, from 19,200 a year ago to 14,000.

5 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Not just a haircut, but a bath, shampoo & set. :whatthe:

Must say, I was not surprised about the MH Planet 18, with the dust shadows and chip, and without the MH Planet hype from the Dec. 2018 auction. But very surprised at the result for the 6.5 copy. Great colors for sure, but at $4,500 not so sure. Clearly a Planethead run amok!

9 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Must say, I was not surprised about the MH Planet 18, with the dust shadows and chip, and without the MH Planet hype from the Dec. 2018 auction. But very surprised at the result for the 6.5 copy. Great colors for sure, but at $4,500 not so sure. Clearly a Planethead run amok!

I have to say when I started this thread three and a half years ago Planet prices were fairly conservative and reserved. Times sure have changed with this title.

24 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I have to say when I started this thread three and a half years ago Planet prices were fairly conservative and reserved. Times sure have changed with this title.

It’s possible that with a critical mass of Planetheads on these boards and in other realms, the better looking copies are drying up, leading to a steady price creep. Not that I’m calling anyone a creep. lol

9 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Just to clarify, that 6.5 was no longer owned by me at the time it went to auction. It may have changed hands several times since I upgraded. I didnt track it on CC, but the hammer price quoted above is surprising, to say the least!

Edited by Flex Mentallo

A question that has probably been discussed but nagging me overnight - which are the 'breakout' issues, and which are still undervalued?

Leaving aside #14, and #15, the issues that seem to spark the most interest are #17, #18, #33 and #34, #65 and #72 I think? And from what I've seen, two of my favorites - #19 and #28 dont seem to get much love comparatively speaking [hammer price on the Church #19 weighing against that.]

5 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

A question that has probably been discussed but nagging me overnight - which are the 'breakout' issues, and which are still undervalued?

Leaving aside #14, and #15, the issues that seem to spark the most interest are #17, #18, #33 and #34, #65 and #72 I think? And from what I've seen, two of my favorites - #19 and #28 dont seem to get much love comparatively speaking [hammer price on the Church #19 weighing against that.]

I’ve always like 8 and 13 too. 66 and 71 ain’t too shabby either. 39 is another that always has interest. Man, Planets are too awesome. 

7 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I think 28 holds its own, the recent 9.2 that sold went for about $1400 more than last time the exact book auctioned. I’ve always thought 19 was a prominent Planet, it seems to always do well no matter condition when it comes up. Just look at that spider on the cover !!! 🕷 

I think Rick has a good list posed too. 13 should definitely be on it. I would add these to the short list 10 and 53.

As for the undervalued, I might post a list after I acquire a few of them 😜😜😜😜😜 

49 minutes ago, kelholt said:

I think 28 holds its own, the recent 9.2 that sold went for about $1400 more than last time the exact book auctioned. I’ve always thought 19 was a prominent Planet, it seems to always do well no matter condition when it comes up. Just look at that spider on the cover !!! 🕷 

I think Rick has a good list posed too. 13 should definitely be on it. I would add these to the short list 10 and 53.

As for the undervalued, I might post a list after I acquire a few of them 😜😜😜😜😜 

:idea: