• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Soft-Serve said:

Here's my #24. It's a pretty great book, on par with my #22 & #23. White pages and the whole deal. I didn't always plan it that way, but often short runs with the larger run have their own grade-cohesiveness. I guess it's kismet. 

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20

That's a real beauty!

On 29/07/2016 at 3:30 PM, Grantley Goddard said:

I'll happily delete this if necessary but I can't find a thread devoted solely to PLANET. I've tried the 'user-unfriendly' search function (I can never find anything I want on that), and I've scolled thru' the first 30 pages of GOLD myself to no avail.

I know that there is a FICTION HOUSE thread and a SPACE GIRLS thread but surely PLANET deserves its own thread? (shrug)

Such an iconic title, many with jaw dropping covers needs its own space. There's plenty of stuff of interest to talk about 'Planet-wise' plus its a great way for the many Planet owners to showcase their awesome books. (I only own 4 at present :sorry:)

Like I say if it's a bad idea, I'll wipe the thread. :)

So, does anyone think we should 'wipe' this thread?

Kudos GG!

Planet Comics has always been a title apart from all the other FH titles (imho) and certainly the king of space babes. In my personal experience,  it's usually the only title non-GA collectors can name after Action & Detective. It was my first love, and will be the last to go (If I don't first) Thanks Grantley! :golfclap:

Lily Renee is one of my all-time favorite artists, it's a real shame she got so few covers. Here's my #33... I would like to find a better copy someday, but prices are already beyond my comfort-level. This one my be a keeper...

Edited by Soft-Serve

This is another book I've got through multiple incremental upgrades for. It never seems to be around, then all the sudden lots of them. The is the best I've been able to afford so far. One of the better covers of Planet I think... Here' s my #34...

Edited by Soft-Serve

Here's another Lily Renee classic. Very dark (theme-wise) for a Planet, I wonder if she was drawing upon her experiences with the Nazi's for this cover....Here' s my #35. It's another one I would like to upgrade one day...

Edited by Soft-Serve

My #39, despite that bothersome upper spine chip, is one of the stars of my collection. Not-only is it the last Lily Renee cover of the title, it is a nearly news-stand fresh copy to hold in hand. Very black and clean cover. Not likely to be able to afford a better copy of this issue...

My #41 is another gap filler. I got it cheap a looooong time ago as a wrinkled mess. I've pressed it into a half-way decent book and have just never pulled the trigger on a better copy. It's funny how some books seem like less of a priority than others. Sometimes there no rhyme or reason. 

Edited by Soft-Serve

Haven't found a #44 I like yet, so on to the next. Believe it or not, but this is my first Planet purchase! I actually found it at a LCS and paid a bit too much for it, but I was hooked. With a cover like this, can you blame me? Here's my #45..

32 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

This is another book I've got through multiple incremental upgrades for. It never seems to be around, then all the sudden lots of them. The is the best I've been able to afford so far. One of the better covers of Planet I think... Here' s my #34...

Is a keeper!

15 minutes ago, Soft-Serve said:

My #41 is another gap filler. I got it cheap a looooong time ago as a wrinkled mess. I've pressed it into a half-way decent book and have just never pulled the trigger on a better copy. It's funny how some books seem like less of a priority than others. Sometimes there no rhyme or reason. 

41 is the first Planet I ever bought, I loved the medusa and the pretty girl tied down and it is clear what the intent is: she is about to be transformed into a medusa. It is interesting that both your copy and mine have nearly the exact same crack in the cover at the top left. Production defect for certain.

PlanetComics41CGC85_zps2470c699.jpg

Edited by Artboy99