'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
21 21

3,842 posts in this topic

19,534 posts
11 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Two great books, Michael - if given a choice, I'd take the 8.0 restored (weird to select a PLOD over a Blue, I know).

Right there with you, Steve. If I have a grail, this would be it!

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,167 posts
On 6/23/2017 at 0:18 AM, jhutton2 said:

Very happy with today's delivery ?

IMG_0180.JPG

Great books, Jason! Quite the haul! (thumbsu

Fresh from CGC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,747 posts
2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Great books, Jason! Quite the haul! (thumbsu

Fresh from CGC?

Yes, but not from me.  Recent pick ups from a recent ComicConnect auction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,640 posts
9 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Lily Renee :cloud9:

...... it seems she was as pretty as the gals she drew....... must have been a tough market to crack for a lady in the 40's..... I bet she has some stories to tell. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

...in a way, this is a "Berk Book"..... even though it wasn't his..... it came up on the "New Additions" section while the Berk Auction was underway and everyone else was distracted..... I had to pounce.....one of my favorite issues of the title....

eSGYQTx.jpg

Love it Jimbo!! Huge Renee fan here and that one is at or near the top of the class!:x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,901 posts

35 is hard to beat..... that one's my fave..... but this one has caught my eye since my first (..of many) sets of Gerber's..... the art in this time frame is so inspired... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,544 posts
On 7/9/2017 at 8:19 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Love it Jimbo!! Huge Renee fan here and that one is at or near the top of the class!:x

Stellar copy!  It's one a the few Planets I HAD to track down.  Love my copy too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,640 posts

I picked up this Planet 57 on HA this weekend. Looks to be a 4.5 or so- and I paid fairly strong for it for the grade. I just have really fallen in love with nice presenting great color "mid" grade copies for my own collection. I like having them raw and I like thumbing through them.

 

 

IMG_5547.JPG

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,167 posts
On 7/9/2017 at 7:08 PM, jimjum12 said:

Lily Renee :cloud9:

...... it seems she was as pretty as the gals she drew....... must have been a tough market to crack for a lady in the 40's..... I bet she has some stories to tell. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

...in a way, this is a "Berk Book"..... even though it wasn't his..... it came up on the "New Additions" section while the Berk Auction was underway and everyone else was distracted..... I had to pounce.....one of my favorite issues of the title....

eSGYQTx.jpg

Really spectacular colors and shine on that copy, jimjum!! What a pickup!

Let us know if Mysta survives those death-webs at Zenith 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,167 posts
On 7/11/2017 at 9:54 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I picked up this Planet 57 on HA this weekend. Looks to be a 4.5 or so- and I paid fairly strong for it for the grade. I just have really fallen in love with nice presenting great color "mid" grade copies for my own collection. I like having them raw and I like thumbing through them.

 

 

IMG_5547.JPG

Nice one, Rick! I saw that on HA, and noted the red dress. Would've bid, except there was that Berk auction...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,925 posts
On 7/12/2017 at 9:58 PM, Robot Man said:

Love them Baker issues!

complanetrun.jpg

Fiction House knew what it took to part that dime from the little boys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,384 posts
3 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Fairly obvious where I picked this up...

Planet.68.jpg

Presents beautifully for a 6.0, white pages, great colors, ^^.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,384 posts

Opening splash for Planet #16, courtesy of Joe Doolin.

 

PL16splash.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,167 posts

Goodbye Photobucket! :mad:

 Hello Imgur! :bigsmile:

To begin: Auro Lord of Jupiter, splash page by Joe Doolin, from Planet 52:

YEfGf9n.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
21 21