• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,231 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Oh yeah, we got you whipped, buddy - as long as we dont post anything else under #10!

Planet Comics #6 CGC 7.5.jpg

That's the epitome of indigo goodness, that copy. All those colors really shine. Love it!

3 hours ago, telerites said:

Can't compare to the high graders here but I added this one to my Planet collection.  Have always liked this cover 

2907171156161.jpg

And as I was digging through some of my pulps, I thought I would post this here as a nod to the comic - it has a great cover, imo -

5986f3a584157_planetstoriesspring1947front.thumb.jpg.9062ba2a00514198e0b71f9cd2e3e2c8.jpg

And if there is any interest in that Gardner Fox story featured on the cover - here is the intro illustration and pages

5986f44687983_planetstoriesspring1947interior.thumb.jpg.77665d53d57a3419c6fe273c2bc86ea0.jpg

Great stuff -- thanks for sharing! Does it say anywhere who did the illustrations on those two pages?

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Great stuff -- thanks for sharing! Does it say anywhere who did the illustrations on those two pages?

No.  I also looked on the reference site I use which sometimes lists the interior artist(s).  The cover is noted as being by Allen Anderson.  Further info on him can be found here - http://pulpartists.com/AA.html