• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tape on inside of Detective Comics Issues in the 400s

4 posts in this topic

I was going through a collection I acquired tonight for free, and the inside of nearly every issue of Detective Comics has tape on the centerfold. The staples are solid and everything, so I can't imagine why someone would tape the centerfolds. So two questions:

1.) Is this something any of you have seen from DC comics in the 70s? (I'm guessing no)

2.) How does this affect the value? I'm looking to move these. I have 25 Detective Comics in the 400s.

Thanks.

Kids and collectors did all sorts of weird things with their comics back in the good ol' days, often in the name of "preservation".

Yes, tape hurts the value. But if you got them for free, who cares? Even at a buck apiece or less you're still ahead!

The collector probably had a book where the centerfold fell out so he took the prophylactic action of taping all of the centerfolds of his other books. I imagine it would hurt the value significantly as that type of damage is not often accepted on books that recent.