• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todays Underground by freak brothers

129 posts in this topic

I found information supporting that online.....

The 2nd printing has no copyright info on the back cover, but the 3rd printing has copyright info on the back cover inside a purple-colored circle. The 4th printing has copyright info on the back cover, but it is now outside of the circle. The information on printing for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th editions are still sketchy and there may be another printing that is currently unknown.

_

Hey I am sharing one because I want to see Felix's thread keep going.

So far he has shared three beautiful Air Pirates books...

#1 ... a classic underground cover (an homage to the Big Little Book Mickey Mouse the Mail Pilot)

th_scan0016_zpsamjcnvgd.jpg

ap%20blb%202_zpsbzo3stok.jpg

#2 (perhaps the toughest in grade)

th_scan0002_zpsdzqcdwbu.jpg

#3 The Tortoise & the Hare #nn (commonly known as Air Pirates #3, but they couldn't really use the name)

th_scan0019_zpsawlyb0um.jpg

Then this tabloid is considered Air Pirates #4

AP Vol 1 #1 tabloid, created during the trial

AP4_zps83n7bjuv.jpg

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er

Love it. It's a tribute to this.

th_WS_09.jpg

Excellent observation! There could be a whole subset of underground comix dedicated to Rand Holmes' Wally Wood homages, e.g. Harold Hedd #2, Slow Death #5-6, Fog City Comics #2-3, or Death Rattle (Vol. 2) #4.

Let alone u-comix EC pastiche.

We underground collector's call Rand the pothead's Wally Wood! :roflmao: