• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todays Underground by freak brothers

129 posts in this topic

th_IMG_0086_zps2jnm9nrl.jpg

:applause:

3f32c8f0-f8c9-0132-f420-0e18518aac2f_zpsfxvdj0ev.gif

Damn I wish I didn’t unload my copies. Harold Hedd #2 is one of my top 5 storylines and #1 is not bad either. #1 is tough to store.

I stored mine between two flat pieces of cardboard, taped together.

(GIF source: http://www.bustle.com/articles/91565-where-did-yas-queen-come-from-and-why-is-it-taking-over-pop-culture )

th_scan0031_zpsxmunzzxv.jpg

This is either a 1st print or a 3rd print.

A pre-Freak Brothers #1 appearance of the hirsute trio. One of only a few, including Radical Amerika (from Wisconsin).

Here is something from the vault... a promotional poster for Hydrogen Bomb $1 cover

IMG_20160828_131639_zpsbkm2gibv.jpg

scan0031_zpsxmunzzxv.jpg

This is either a 1st print or a 3rd print.

If I recall correctly, it's unknown which one is a 1st or a 3rd, but there is a difference in the cover paper thickness between the two. Frequently the earlier stuff had thicker paper and they would use the cheaper paper later on (as the demand for paper grew), but that's not confirmed for this. At least, you can check for the difference in cover paper to see if you've got both printings.

Hey Felix,

Looks like you Snatch 3 could be cropped image, which leaves me wondering: is it a first printing?

If it is, would you mind posting an image of a typical blue/black lined, inside page bottom? And a comment on how many pages have the line?

The reason why I am curious, is that I have copy of one the lamer first printing. Where maybe only 5-6 pages have a partial blue line - the smallest one would be about an inch in length and the largest would just sketch a little over half the page. The page tops look as if torn/trimmed by hand.

Please share, Dan

Edited by dannyboycheapyboy

th_scan0036_zpsjxgttelz.jpg

This is an interesting read if you're into this kind of thing. Its basically a tutorial on all things cannabis.

HG copies of this are have been hotly contested since I started c. 2002.

I have never owned this book. It is cool to see a nice copy. :)

Someone else has always been willing to pay more for it.

Eventually, I sold my other Dr Atomics but I did save a nice NM+ #1

scan0012_zpsec6umnas.jpg

Nobody's figured out the printings on this one. It was one I used to keep out an eye for new cover pics to try to figure out, but there are many variants. Is Sir Real's site down? He had a variant posted that's different than the couple I've got.

I saw those your threads about the origins of MM and FB1 (by coincidence a little higher in Felix's posts), where you were gunning to nail down the first printings of those publications. Care to give a little summary on where you stand on those stand to date?

PS hi Felix, keep'em coming.

Edited by dannyboycheapyboy