• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a classic rock concert at Wizard World Chicago?
1 1

386 posts in this topic

bat am i right to guess that you are north of the md line? im asking because in the south where i grew up what you are saying is blasphemy. i remember 38 at parties in high school. some awesome memories

Where in the south did you grow up? I can see Lynyrd Skynyrd or Allman Brothers being treated so reverently, but 38 Special?

I don't know any southern rock fans (and I spent a lot of time in Virginia and also in the Army either in the Deep South or around a lot of southerners) who thought of 38 Special as anything other than a pop version of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

bat am i right to guess that you are north of the md line? im asking because in the south where i grew up what you are saying is blasphemy. i remember 38 at parties in high school. some awesome memories

Where in the south did you grow up? I can see Lynyrd Skynyrd or Allman Brothers being treated so reverently, but 38 Special?

I don't know any southern rock fans (and I spent a lot of time in Virginia and also in the Army either in the Deep South or around a lot of southerners) who thought of 38 Special as anything other than a pop version of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I grew up in polk county. I never said 38 was on the level of skynyrd or any other band. I'm saying about the time I was in high school they were all over the radio and were played at parties that we had. I love the song chained lighting.

when I lived in fort myers I used to go to rickey medlockes studio. he had a ton of people in and out of there. was lucky enough to meet a few of my musical heroes. I was lucky enough to meet both of the caldwells toy and tommy. the back bone of one of my favorite bands marshall tucker.

9:30PM WIZARD WORLD COMIC CON SUPERGROUP BAND: DALEK 2099

Sparked by a conversation at the hotel bar over a few drinks at Wizard World Chicago 2015, a cover band has been formed and is making its debut appearance! Members include Roy Delic (Vintage Comics), Matt Nelson (CGC), John Dolmayan (Torpedo Comics & System Of A Down), Simon Bisley (Comic Artist Icon) and James Hazely (Cockeyed Ghost). They will play classic covers and crowd favorites at Adobe Gilas, 5455 Park Pl, #2, Rosemont, IL 60018. Ages 21+, FREE entry with Wizard World Wristband.

Sparked by a conversation at the hotel bar over a few drinks at Wizard World Chicago 2015, a cover band has been formed and is making its debut appearance! Members include Roy Delic (Vintage Comics), Matt Nelson (CGC), John Dolmayan (Torpedo Comics & System Of A Down), Simon Bisley (Comic Artist Icon) and James Hazely (Cockeyed Ghost). They will play classic covers and crowd favorites at Adobe Gilas, 5455 Park Pl, #2, Rosemont, IL 60018. Ages 21+, FREE entry with Wizard World Wristband.

Wow, Delic wanting his name in lights as usual. Don't think we don't catch the subtle name change.

I can see it now "New rock singer legend discovered at Comic book show". Agents fighting, movie rights, the red carpet, guest appearances on America's got talent.

Edited by blazingbob

I grew up in polk county. I never said 38 was on the level of skynyrd or any other band. I'm saying about the time I was in high school they were all over the radio and were played at parties that we had. I love the song chained lighting.

when I lived in fort myers I used to go to rickey medlockes studio. he had a ton of people in and out of there. was lucky enough to meet a few of my musical heroes. I was lucky enough to meet both of the caldwells toy and tommy. the back bone of one of my favorite bands marshall tucker.

There's no reason to apologize to critics of music you like. Hater's gonna hate, and since tth2 appears to be in bed with Stu (the king of banished pot stirrers hiding under a new monicker) please take the negativity with a very large grain of salt, ...or sour mash in Stu's Bat Face's case.

BTW, BlazingBob is a kewl dude, he just may need new batteries in his hearing aids. (Just kiddin', Bob) ;)

What I like about .38 Special is the quality of their writing and musicianship. Jeff Carlisi was part of Skynyrd's inner circle of rehearsing musicians as far back as 1974 and also partially responsible for .38 Special's transition from a Confederate flag waving southern rock band in 1980 to a #1 hit producing 'band from the South' that reached a much broader audience. Also, his buddy Don Barnes was always a better lead singer than Donnie Van Zandt.

But seriously, I doubt DALEK 2099 is quite ready for a first tier stage musician. This sounds like a fun geek driven thing. I applaud it for what it is, all kidding aside. :applause:

Well, Cat-man should be on hand to report on this momentous occasion! So, 9:30 PM, which day(s) ...daze? :headbang:

Wow, Delic wanting his name in lights as usual. Don't think we don't catch the subtle name change.

I can see it now "New rock singer legend discovered at Comic book show". Agents fighting, movie rights, the red carpet, guest appearances on America's Canada's got talent.

lol

Fixed! (thumbs u

They will play classic covers [/b]

How are they gonna do that? Will Roy be picking up a car on stage while the other guys run in terror?

Edited by Larryw7

I can see it now "New rock singer legend discovered at Comic book show". Agents fighting, movie rights, the red carpet, guest appearances on America's got talent.

Do you think he will do his signings at the meet and greet after the show as Roy Dalek? :wishluck:

Jim

They will play classic covers [/b]

How are they gonna do that? Will Roy be picking up a car on stage while the other guys run in terror?

Didn't Jimmy Page say Roy was parking the car? hm

Oh, wait a minute, ...that was another group!

Hey, if celebrity guests spots are added, let me know. I'm up for it as long as a TelePrompter is in the budget.

Alas, my last effort at SoonerCon in 2015 went awry when I was physically molested in a kareoke event while singing Come and Get You Love, the classic Redbone tune used in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'd failed to take into account the number of horny (inebriated) cougars on the dancefloor that night. Completing the song became complicated & more than a little embarrassing. :blush: