• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman Trinity club! All-Star #8 - Sensation #1 - Wonder Woman #1
1 1

106 posts in this topic

Dem1138

I appreciate your response and inaccurate point of view about me. You're passing a judgement call on me without even knowing what facts I'm in possession of :) I sense that you're a very passionate individual and I appreciate that very much ...you could have simply inquired nicely about my fact- checking or simply send me an PM to further discuss the matter and I would have shared where I got some of my facts.

I do agree with you on one thing. I do not know if the buyers were the under bidders from the other auctions. I apologize if I used the word "Certainty" when I was really trying to steer the discussion towards the idea that after an auction there tends to be the same grade that gets posted up for sale days later. The point that I was trying to get across was... without the emotions and pressures of bidding up a book with little to no time to think during the last minutes of an auction the opposite occurs when the same grade comes up for sale with a "Buy it Now" or "Make an offer".Here the book tends to gravitate to a lower price.

I offered facts about books that were sold publicly and one on the boards. However, I am also aware of a few other private sales but I did not add them to the list because, although the sources were credible, there was no way I could prove the prices that were paid (4 private sales that I know of- one sold at the average price but doesn't really count because it was traded for cash, books and another collectible ....my friend and I were the ones who paid the cash, books, etc...for it. Another one sold at the average price and the remaining two sold slightly lower). I decided not to post this information up because it would be irresponsible of me doing so without the proof in my hands, however I still took them into account overall.

I simply want to share what I know with other good willed board members who can add info and fill in the gaps needed. At least this is what I thought an online community was all about?

With the utmost respect,

A

I still stand by everything that I wrote and passed judgement on you based on your posts and your posts alone. I was not "certain" about what you did or did not know, but rather on what you wrote, because that was the information that I had to go on. Posting information as fact (or certainty) when that information is not fact, can be dangerous and harmful regardless of your intentions. But I appreciate your response and clarifying your initial statements.

Thank you for compiling public sales data in one place, that is very helpful to everyone.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you any further because I've said everything I have to say on the matter.

JANUARY 2017 UPDATE : Recent sales for ALL STAR COMICS #8

~ 5.5 (Sold in auction for $61,000)

minus 10% commission $6,100)

Seller keeps $54,900

~ 5.0 (Sold on the exchange for $55,000)

minus 10% commission $5,500

Seller keeps $49,500

~ 5.5 (Sold in auction for $69,001)

minus 10% commission $6,900)

Seller keeps $62,100

~ 4.0 Slightly Brittle (Sold at auction for $31,070)

minus 10% commission $3,107

Seller Keeps $27,963

~ 1.8 Cr/ow (Sold on Auction for $27,485)

minus 10% commission $2,748

Seller keeps $24,736

~1.5 C/ow (Sold on Auction $28,320

minus 10% commission $2,832

Seller keeps $25,488

~ 2.0 Cr/Ow (Sold via our board for $32,450 ???)

Sold by Spiderturtle.....sale price needs to be confirmed .

November 2016 :

~ 1.5 Cr/ow (Sold on Auction $17,925)

minus 10% commission $1,792

Seller keeps $16,132

LAST SALE: January 2017

~ 1.5 Cr/ow (Auction sale $21,252) CBCS

minus 10% commission $2,125

Seller keeps $19,127

Anyone see what the 1.5 AS-8 went for on CL?

$21,252

That same book sold for $17,925 on Heritage in November 2016.

Well, if that's the case, then it's definitely not much of a win at all on the resale of the book. (shrug)

I don't know, a $1200 profit two months later sounds pretty good to me. Unless CL bought it from Heritage, in which case they profited over $3300.

Anyone see what the 1.5 AS-8 went for on CL?

$21,252

That same book sold for $17,925 on Heritage in November 2016.

Well, if that's the case, then it's definitely not much of a win at all on the resale of the book. (shrug)

I don't know, a $1200 profit two months later sounds pretty good to me. Unless CL bought it from Heritage, in which case they profited over $3300.

That's 6% over two months. If you found an investment that made 6% every other month you would make 40% annually. Not bad. Of course there is risk that goes with this investment. The book could have sold for less.

Edited by TheSurgeon

30 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

the AS8 cgc 1.5 ended at $16,800 on heritage.   it's designated as brittle page quality but that's quite a pull-back when it was going for high 20k before the movie

I don't know.  Brittle pages can up to half the price of a book.

43 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Do You think brittle pages on a complete action 1 or Tec 27 would be a turn off to peops ?  

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd only consider it if insanely cheap for the comic.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:43 PM, D84 said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd only consider it if insanely cheap for the comic.

On 7/31/2020 at 5:57 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Do You think brittle pages on a complete action 1 or Tec 27 would be a turn off to peops ?  

Those are what you’d call limited edition keys. 

Kind of like asking if you’re interested in marrying a 100 year old woman in poor health who was super hot when she was 25... :devil: